SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen the Monarch Lines advert in the latest NSCC issue announcing the imminent arrival of the Lotus 72 driven by Graham Hill in 1970.
I now realise that this is the car being shown as one of the prizes in the SlotForum survey !!!

The pic in NSCC is in black and white but still the car looks fabulous with a different rear wing configuration to the previous two. The front wings also look different but cant be too sure.

This seems to have slipped under my radar because I was expecting the March or Surtees to be released next.

Anyone, have a link to some better pics of the model and the real life car ?

Mark.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I have bought the other Lotus from Vanquish, and today I have run them : great!
I think they will be instant classics, and I will buy all of them.

Ciao

·
Registered
721 Posts
Now Vanquish has finally stepped over the line. It wasn't bad enough for them to produce a Lotus 72. Now they've made one with my favorite driver.

Looks like I'll have to break down and buy my first Vanquish.

Guys is this available in the U.S.?

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
QUOTE (sprint @ 13 Mar 2004, 03:11 PM)I have bought the other Lotus from Vanquish, and today I have run them : great!
I think they will be instant classics, and I will buy all of them.

Ciao
It just goes to show that everyone is different. The Vanquish lotus has had some bad press on here, but Sprint likes them

I guess it's a similar thing with me and my Carrera Evo chassis cars. They look better than they perform in comparison to some other makes.

Mark.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Just read a great review in this month's edition of the NSCC journal.

The author kindly answered one of the main questions:

How do they run without magnets? The car ran excellent by all accounts (it was reviewed primarily on Ninco).

·
Registered
410 Posts
I did a review on the two Lotuses...Lotus'...Loti! for SCI. Am I allowed to say that? For the large North American Site...named sort of like model race cars with pictures!...there! cryptic clue. They were my first Vanquish purchases and quite enjoyable though a bit fragile and quirky. And certainly not 1/32..I think closer to ..well you know the VMG story all too well but I just couldn't refuse cars of that era...and now the Graham Hill livery!...drool! The cars run very well on my circuit and I would buy other releases as no one else is making cars of this F1 epoch yet.

I knowed other have slaged them but mine run very well indeed!

Good day, eh!

·
Registered
392 Posts
A question : Vanquish will supply as spare parts the large rear tyres of their F1?
I think they will be frequent runners for me, and I will like some spares available as replacement.

Ciao

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
I tried mine on a Ninco circuit and the force of the magnet made it impossible to run for more than a few feet - (nor normally an issue for me, running with magnets!).

I will try and remove the magnet and try again on Wednesday and see how it goes.

On the subject of replacement parts does anyone know of a fixed or non -diff rear wheel section that will fit in the Vanquish as the gears do tend to wear and the rear axle replacement is about half the cost of the car - and for the improvement the diff makes to my driving I would rather have a standard axle and go a little slower!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi j-c, my track is a Ninco, and my car runs very well also with the mag ( I prefer without, but in this case I have run the cars without any mod); one question : what is your controller? with heavy mag and powerful motor as these, I had to change the chips in my electronic NSR to see a good response to the trigger movement.
Ciao

·
Jamie Coles
515 Posts
Hi Sprint - I use a standrad Parma 45 ohm controller. The track is a club circuit of four lanes about 110 feet long.

J-C

·
Registered
392 Posts
J-c, try a 20 or 25 ohm controller : I think your car will run more smoothly and with the right feel; in one of our racing classes, I use a Fly Chevron with a slot it 29K motor AND magnet : it is a rocket, but I had to exchange my controller with the 20 ohm of a friend of mine, otherwise my car did race only with the last travel of the trigger, and turning was a poor affair!

Ciao

1 - 13 of 13 Posts