SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
They look great!

Now... are those 1/32 or 1/1024?

You should take more time off work, Astro - cool things are coming from it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Absolutely great
!

VOTE FOR MORE TIME OFF WORK FOR ASTRO!!!!

Would be very nice, if you could share the .pdf's with us.

Marc

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Time off?

A sensible man here would turn making models into his work! They look very professional you know.

Great stuff as always Astro :tumbsup:

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Very, very cool Astro. Don't let your boss see these pix, as he may think you're getting a little too much time off from work. Did you do the porta-a-potty too?
Who's the babe in red?
Steve

·
Registered
773 Posts
@ Astro - if you're sending me the files - pdf - I'll add them to my paper-buildings-section - the place where you got the porta potty

·
Registered
398 Posts
The guy in the orange jacket looks like he is getting ready to punch out the Coke machine as it didn't give him a drink.

Really nice looking machines. Real fitting for the scene.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sideways rant

Now if only we could get rid of those silly looking piles all these figures stand on. Really ruins so many scenes. Just some .030 wire in the legs to go in nearly invisble .032 holes around the scene. And cut off those ugly platforms.

OK I will go back to my bench now. Wait till my track gets going this year no platfoms under any figures, anywhere.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the loo, thomas! Came out very nice.

Glad you guys like the machines, trying to sort out the files asap for those who want them.

I don't quite know why the pdf came out as 8.3MB - seems a bit big and inconvenient for people to download. It's also too big for me to send in my hotmail account! Can everyone open MS word documents these days? that file is a lot smaller.

Larry, know what you mean about the figure bases, but as I don't have a permanent layout yet, the bases stay for a while.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Astro, send me the word-file, I'll convert them to small pdf's - much more usefull when you're publishing on the internet. But word is the worst processor for pdf-files! You've no Corel Draw?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I used macromedia fireworks for the initial stretching and correcting (sometimes use photoshop), and usually use word for final layout, although I did edges, scaling and colour correction in word for this instance.

Mac allows you to print directly to pdf - but evidently resulting in humungous files

will try to send you the word file, a shrinkage of pdf would be fabulous! Can you pm me your email?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Ahhhhh!! Astro that post signature picture of yours looks great with that 906 in there, no bases to be seen.

·
Brian Ferguson
3,652 Posts
True Larry, but I wonder how the young lady moves her knee caps up and down in rhythm with the flashing lights!

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fergy: How long exactly did you spend staring at the young lady's knees to notice that?

·
Registered
118 Posts
QUOTE (Fergy @ 2 Dec 2004, 21:29)ummmmm.... did I mention that my wife works days and I work nights?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If someone comes up with a easy downloadable file, could they possibly post a link to them? I am just preparing to start my winter project of a permanent track and would love to add these around the track.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts