SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hmm Interesting. Does the car go any faster with that monster motor?
Or is it that it is one of the motors out of a Moto Gp bike? If it is a Moto motor does it make the car faster or slower? Hmm I wonder...

Doug

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
It's faster, I drove a pre-production Renault.

Does the Williams have a one-piece body shell, or does it fall apart like the old ones?

Andy

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Oh, I like it a lot! Very nice pictures as always, uksqueeza! Thanks for posting? I think I might have to pick one up (along with a Renault) when I get downunder in a week
. The prices are far better in Australia than here in Europe (Sweden in particular) when it comes to Scalextric and especially SCX.

·
Registered
571 Posts
GREAT photos uksqueezea!

This and the Renault are already on my Christmas list and have been since January! Look like great cars and I can't wait to compare the new motor and tyres with the existing cars.

I can't usually can't see the point of the Limited Edition Sport cars but since I already had a Sport version of each F1 release I have ordered Sport cars again. I hope these make it out before christmas since it appears some recent Sport releases have lagged behind the standard releases.

JS

·
Registered
153 Posts
Fantastic pictures uksqueezea! Scaley seems to have hit a home run on these cars! I'm hoping they're out here in the U.S. before Christmas.

This and the Renault will begin my modern F1 collection.

Steve

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Spoke to Adrian. The motor is the motorbike motor called the QX and fitted as standard to all new F1`s, also available as a spare.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The old tyres used to wear very quickly so maybe the new ones will last a bit longer. Could almost wear a rear set out in a race across four lanes.

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
No takers for the chip question?

Is there any room in there? Looks a tight fit for a chip and a peep hole.

I think we should be told.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
wankel - i think there is a reasonable chance that scalextric's new 'digital chip for F1 and single seater cars' chip WILL fit in the new scalextric F1 cars. This part has not been released yet and is different in size to the normal digital chip seen already.

On Scalextric's forum, they have already said in general about the F1 chip that it will not be right next to the sensor, although they didn't specifically talk about the different configurations of particular F1 and IRL cars.

My guess is it will go in the side pods.

·
Premium Member
5,559 Posts
Ah, yes, the sidepods. And I had forgotten mention of an F1 chip.

Only thing still is that the system does need a spyhole down the centreline, doesn't it? Looking at these photos that suggests that you might have to run some wires over young Montoya's lap. Guess you could pretend they are seatbelts, mind.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts