SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi ,my names colin have just joined ,started racing slot cars in the 1960s ,building my own cars, raced at tottenham ,southend on sea and leigh on sea my girlfriend raced also ,still have all my original cars , i live in north devon and am looking for a club to join and race ,any ideas where there are any ,regards .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Colin wellcome to SF. I too have had a problem with my Audi LMP car. ive found that if it has a guide like an scx the car jumps about. Changed underpan to newer tipe IE peugeot 908 which is wired like slot it, perfect now.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Welcome back Colin,
I am sorry to say that I dont know what area of the country you live in, (always a good thing to put on your introduction), and things have moved on a bit from your previous experiences, and the majority of the people on the forum race hard bodied cars with plastic chassis on plexi tracks.
I am glad to see that you want to join a club before spending your wedge on information gleaned from your own research, always best to see whats out there for yourself.
You may be aware of the upcoming swapmeet at Swindon (the first weekend in january), so if you are going to spend monies on track and cars it may be worth the trip.
Regards
Zen

·
Jim Moyes
5,077 Posts
QUOTE (zendragon @ 26 Dec 2011, 09:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am sorry to say that I dont know what area of the country you live in, (always a good thing to put on your introduction),

North Devon, perhaps

1 - 5 of 5 Posts