Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. Just joined this forum and it looks interesting.

The last time I was into slot cars was in the Sixties. Things have changed a lot... and definitely for the better!

I'm awaiting delivery of a Scalextric GT-40 set to get me started.

I'm 55 and live in St. Louis, Missouri. I've come across no 1/32nd slot car clubs or groups here so far. If anyone knows of any, please past the information along. My interests in slot cars are primarily endurance and GT and some NASCAR. I much prefer road courses to ovals.

I'm starting to accumulate (or re-accumlate) hobbies for my dotage. My other interests are n-scale trains and electric R/C planes.

Hope to learn a lot here.

Mike

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!

Feel free to ask any questions, theres enough know-how on this board to fill several books!

Hope you enjoy yourself

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (LMP04 @ 7 Oct 2004, 10:27)Hi Mike, welcome to the forum!

Feel free to ask any questions, theres enough know-how on this board to fill several books!

Hope you enjoy yourself

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks! I'm looking forward to a lot of fun with the hobby. It will take me a while to get to the point where I can ask a sensible question! LOL.

Mike

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (goldfish_samurai @ 7 Oct 2004, 10:27)Welcome to Slotforum.

I'm sure you won't be disapointed with the GT40s - I wasn't anyway!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've done some research and read some reviews and the GT40s sound excellent. I'm curious... many of the reviewers indicate that they lightly oiled the gears and bushings and adjusted the contact braids immediately. Is this something that is pretty standard practice? That is, aren't new slot cars already oiled?

Mike

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
The GT40's will run great out of the box, its just that most of the more experienced tuners know what'll improve the car before running it.

For home use, it'll be fine out the box and on the track. If it aint broke - dont fix it

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Hi ruhdwulf, welcome to SF!
Don't think you have to wait to ask your questions - just post away. Who is to say that your questions are not sensible?

ENJOY!

Mark.

·
David Moss
461 Posts
Oh yes, Moped gets away with plenty of posts that seem 'silly' to some, but that's just his style of posting
,& it does get the conversation going!

(No offence intended Moped!!!
)

& most of all, welcome to the forum & remember, it's supposed to be fun, so who cares if it's a daft question

BacardiBeast

1 - 10 of 10 Posts