SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Welcome RR1, the track looks great and is certainly an unusual theme. How about more trac details?
It is Carrera right? Looks quite big, what are the dimensions etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 5 Nov 2006, 23:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Welcome RR1, the track looks great and is certainly an unusual theme. How about more trac details?
It is Carrera right? Looks quite big, what are the dimensions etc.

Thank you for all your compliments!

Here is additional information on the track layout.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
RR1

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Nomagnetix @ 6 Nov 2006, 11:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Had to follow the plan with my finger,my eyes kept losing thier way

Looks really great.Judging by the plan there is still some of the circuit you need to photograph.

Great stuff.

The elevated areas makes it a little hard to follow on the diagram

I'll try to take some additional photos and post them ASAP.

I have also added some additional scenery since I took the photos last week.

Thanks again,
Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (MattZani @ 6 Nov 2006, 12:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Apart from the Banked corner, its rather good! The scenery looks nice, and he carrera track works well.

Matt

MattZani,
I was trying to continue the speed from the striaght around the curve. Do you think it should not be banked?

Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (rooty @ 6 Nov 2006, 16:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks like you cleaned out your wifes Christmas decorations, Love the size of that Carrera Track !

Well actually about 10 Rite Aid stores. I was trying to find buildings to scale and that were business type not racing. They had some nice stuff at great prices and I can always take the Xmas stuff off the buildings after the holidays and trim the trees of snow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (Phil Kalbfell @ 6 Nov 2006, 19:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have just started a " Movie Cars" series Iam sure they would look good on your track!

Phil

Hey Phil,
Please let me know about the Movie Car series!!!
I am in the movie car business and supply classic cars to the entertainment industry.

Take a look at my website if you like.
www.classicautorental.com

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
12 Posts
QUOTE (slicknik @ 7 Nov 2006, 15:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks good but i am with the some of the others i my self am not a keen lover of banked track other wise ts a good lay out.
regrards nik

I am just curious.
I don't really understand why some people from the UK don't like banked tracked. I know that Carrera is one of the few that make banked track and that Carrera is not that popular in the UK.

But I grew up with banked track in all the slot car racing tracks that I went to. It's a great way to sustain speed around a corner and if you have a smaller straight away like my set it allows me to keep the speed up coming out of the the short straight. Am I missing something??

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
I don't particularly like the look of banked track. I'm more interested in tracks that have a more realistic appearance. Most 1:1 road courses don't have banked turns, at least to the degree that the Carrera track is banked. I suppose if one were modeling a superspeedway like Daytona or Talladega, banked track would look prototypical.

On a practical note, some cars will drag on banked turns. That being said; everyone has an opinion and often they're not the same. It's your track and you should go with what makes you happy. You've really hit the ground running with your track. It's sounds like your having a lot of fun with it and that's the goal for just about everyone here!

Brad

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.