SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got into slot cars last weekend after buying a Scalextric Sport set. It is the simple T1 model with F1 cars on an oval.

My concern is that one of the two cars in the kit slows down more than the other when cornering. This is especially noticeable on the smaller radius inner lane.

So I have three questions.
1. Is this normal?
2. What is causing this behavior?
3. Can it be improved in any way?

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi hotarri,

First, welcome the forum
. Well, I think that the decrease speed is normal, because the guide touch at slot borders and you can increase speed intensify the power of controller. The witchery of slot car is keep the high speed in many track type.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I used to have that set but then i kep upgrading the track(check out the t2 extension set) makes a world of difference. About the cars slowing down dont worry that is normal with a basic set rite out of the box. By the way the cars are indy cars and the track is supposed to represent Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sometimes this can be caused by solid rear axle which are in most slot cars. The speed of rotation from the inner to the outer wheel can be different enough to produce drag on the motor. I found this out when testing tracks. The Ninco track had the worst effect were the new scaly was the best. At first i thought it may have been due to whether the track had a liner in the pick-up rail or not. Plastic producing more drag than metal. I was wrong. In my testing w=it was the track surface.

good luck
Q

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help, I was assuming this was an inherent slot car behavior but wanted to be sure.

Are there any cars out there that you guys can recommend which will decrease this effect?

I just ordered the extension, thanks for the suggestion JcRacer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts