Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi

Just been browsing for my next car and have fallen for the Scalextric Sunoco Camaro (http://www.slotcarillustrated.com/Cars/SportCamaro.html) but have noticed its a Scalextric Sport Camaro.

I was wondering what the difference was between Scalextric and Scalextric Sport cars? And will a Sport car work with Classic track without any problems?

Cheers

Was

·
Registered
759 Posts
Welcome aboard Was!
Well, the Sport prefix to the car means that it's the limited edition version of the car. It has brass bushings, precision axles and a little Sport sticker around the motor, and oh yes, they've thrown a little optional button magnet in the bag too. It also comes in a different box, but apart from that it's the same car, and it will run very well on any track system out there. I've fount there's virually no performance difference between the Sport versions and the normal ones.

Toby

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Was:
Firstly welcome to Slot Forum!

For all intent and purpose they are identical cars.
Initially 'Sport' was supposed to be higher specification, with uprated bearings, motor and axles. This fast seemed to fall by the wayside and the only difference now between Sport and normal release is the following:

1 - Initial releases of a new car to the range are always in 'Sport' and suppposed to be Limited Edition but the release numbers are so high this is a tad silly.
2 - 'Sport' comes in a fancy presentation box with collectors card, Limited Edition plate on the car chassis and an extra tweaker magnet.

Tweakers can be bought seperately anyway should they be required.

So, unless you are intending to become an avid collector and not race any of your purchases, I would advise you to go for the cheaper and always more readily available, normal cars in their crystal boxes.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Oops!
Looks like Bastumannen and I crossed replies - sorry mate didn't mean to tread on toes there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts