SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there guys! I'm new to this, so go easy on me!
I've been racing for ages, I just set the track up on my living room floor. Recently bought the Scalextric AMG Merc. Great car, smooth and really fast. After only about 30 mins of racing it from new, one of the lights is only working at full speed. I've also noticed it on one of my GT3 Porsches. Its annoying as they look quite good with the lights. Is this a known problem? Does it make any difference if I just take the lights out? Any mods to make my cars better?
Cheers!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
both very nice cars..

regarding the light issue a lot of mine suffer too, you can remove them, or simply just get used to the fact they dont work as well as they used to

tips.. er well losening the rear screws a tad on both cars will help, and removing the middle screws from the merc.

push the top of the GT3's wheels in to prevent too much drag and that's it. Oh a dab of superglue on the top of the bearings and where the motor mounts in always help (try not to get it on the axle as then you will have seized the rear axle with super glue. Dont try to deneigh it everyone.. we know you've all done it at one point!

Inte

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
For faulty light units...

Contact Scalextric direct from the website.

Scalextric UK

Fill in the Auto form and give the type of car and problem.

I think the Ladies name is Dawn - a lovely, fast, efficient Lady.

She will reply very promptly
and send you replacement Light units.

This is a common problem with mass produced LED boards like this, the LEDs get either too hot or are faulty from the start.

Scalextric have a great attitude and quality Service in place for this.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Just a quick point.

What track are you using?

Hornby, SCX, NINCO, Others?

I ask , because i have noticed that Hornby and SCX cars running on a Ninco circuit tend to loose their lights very quickly (maybe because of the differnt voltage or something?). Just a thought.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using Scalextric Sport, with the standard transformers. Nothing exciting.
I have all the GT40's in the sport edition and the Goodwood set, the lights all work fine on them. Just having this problem with the GT3 and the Merc.
Just bust the rear spoiler on the Merc too.

I've e-mailed Scalextric, will see what happens.
Cheers guys

·
Registered
474 Posts
QUOTE Nothing exciting let me first say all slotting is exiting.

A bloke on Ebay sells great xenon lights for all types of cars i know i have done this on my merc DTM all you need is a soldeing iron and a steady hand.
Visit ebay and search "Scalextric Sport light upgrade" you will find them.

Welcome to slot forum by the way a great site!

Doug

1 - 7 of 7 Posts