SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my son and I the Digital Platinum set for this xmas. I have read through the forums but want to make sure I get everything i need to use all the cool features of RMS etc.

Here is what I have so far:
Digital Platinum Set
Extra track and cars dig. chipped
USB cable ordered for 7042

***Trying to decide between PC Lapcounter and SSDC RMS***

This i want to add or have ? about:

1. I want pit stops but I am unclear how the Pit Stop game ties into the RMS and if it needs to be modded to work with the new 7042PB + RMS software? Does it also need one of the USB cables once modded? Do you buy a pre modded one or send it out to have modded if this is the case?

2. One of the sport sets i bought used has two transformers /and the track piece they both plug into. Does it hurt to plug this into the existing setup with the additional track to assist with power?

3. Is an "L" shaped table setup a bad thing with blind spots for the drivers? I have the option of going about 8' wide by about 16' long so plenty of room but can't decide the optimal setup for and eventual large track. Is a rectangle the best?

If there is anything anyone can think of that I might have missed please let me know!

Sorry so many questions! As an avid R/C racer I am super pumped to finally get into slots. I just dont know very much about them. Thanks ahead of time for the help!

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
Hi and welcome!

What a great start!

I use SSDC. - follow the link in my signature.

The pitstop game will need to be modded to pitpro and the correct cable will be required contact either RichG or RikoRocket

Make sure you use the correct transformers with your 6 car powerbase. - Use standard Scalex ones C7024 or equivalent Toshiba ones unless you do the powermod to your C7042.

Keep asking on here. People will be happy to help!

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (Icemanj16 @ 6 Dec 2011, 15:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>1. I want pit stops but I am unclear how the Pit Stop game ties into the RMS and if it needs to be modded to work with the new 7042PB + RMS software? Does it also need one of the USB cables once modded? Do you buy a pre modded one or send it out to have modded if this is the case?

Gone through this myself recently - unpacked the Platinum kit last friday.

Haven't tried PC Lapcounter yet, so I guess I'm in the same boat, however I've tried SSDC and know how that works:

You can run pit stops without pit stop game. However, the down side is:
1. You can refuel anywhere on the track.
2. Your car won't go into pit lane speed limit until you actually start refuiling, and after refuiling (exiting pit), your car will run at pit lane speed until it hits your finish line.

I would recommend getting pitpro with extra sensor - meaning once you pass first sensor, car will go into pit lane speed limit under remain so until passing the next sensor (pit exit). Also, refuiling will automaticly be restricted within the two sensors.

To get pitpro, you either buy it from Rich or Riko, pre modded, or you send em your unmodded.
Depending on where you live, price will be about the same (extra cost for shipping = the extra money for them to provid one). I had mine modded, as I felt it would be a shame to just throw it away.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Your Digital Platinum set should have come with the 2 transformers, don't use anymore you don't need to and the pin on the sports transformers in larger and will not fit into the APB anyway. You can have a pit lane in your layout but without upgrading to Pitpro you can refuel anywhere as others have mentioned and you also can't control pitlane speed. Depending on how large your layout will be you may want to add some powertaps to help with even power around the track, I have 2 powertaps over a 20m track length equally spaced. With the L shaped track I can't see much of a problem with line of sight etc if you are using this for just home use but when you have other people around for a play this is when it can become an issue, if and when wireless controllers become available and affordable this won't/shouldn't be a problem. I use SSDC and have the pitlane in my layout but do not have Pitpro (yet) but will hopefully upgrade to this next year.

Matt

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Actually you can have half a pit lane speed limiter without pit pro. If the start and finish track is at the end of the pits after, fueling SSDC will (if set) impose the speed limit (technically a power limit) untill the car passes over the strt and finish line sensor. Mot perfect but still much better than nothing. Its worth in this case marking the position in the pits beyond which re-fueling is not allowed. Personally digital is a world away from analouge, much more of a puzzle and not so much a race against the clock. Having fun whicever way you want is what counts.
Its not that easy to cheat even without pit pro as the system says wahen anybody is re-fueling so its obvious if there is not enough announcements somebody is cheating (even if accidentrally).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info guy! This appears to be another wonderful hobby
I am already addicted to shopping for other cars!

Any idea how much the modded pit lane game would cost? I am waiting on a reply from the guy that does them. Or is there more than one person doing them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.