SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a digital set two weeks ago and decided I needed to put my unused loft to some use.

Excuse the poor camera work as its my iPhone camera and it's the only one I've got.

Beginning of my frame

Poker cloth so I can take my time with the scenery

Black cloth to cover the underneath

My wife was the right size to squeeze between the breasts (chimney breasts)

Almost finished

Getting organised

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ay up fella, fancy meeting you here

Its because of you i'm scrapping this!!

By the way, it's coming on nicely; am i getting an invitation to the opening ceremony???

See you tommorow pal.

Martin.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha ha ha!!!

Spent an hour on it today cos I knew I wouldn't get chance after today!!!

There's space for a nice 00 running round too if you fancy providing!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The poker cloth came from a local fabric shop £9.99 per mtr.

I've got 2 weeks off in January so will be hopefully completing the build then.

I've also done the typical man thing (after a couple of pints) and bought some stuff off eBay - 2 x straight lane change, 1 x corner lane change plus the left and right hand pitlane section to make the back straight 4 lanes!!

The wife is gonna hit the roof!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive made a bit of progress but not as much as I wanted to.

Ive made a new 3/4 lane back straight with pitlane.

Simulated pit wall

Some redundant POS from work to make barriers for the raised sections

Cut and painted

Copper taped every section today

Next job is 6 car base and bench power supply.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Nice job dude...

...did you get the Misses off the ceiling ?

...after the 4 lane scheme ?

Lookin' cool bro...

Si.

PS. Don't worry about the iPhone, they are rubbish...( up-grade soon )...
...the slot-car track is way better !!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
How does the copper tape help with the connections between track pieces? Is it conductive on the glue side?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (Si. @ 28 Jan 2012, 02:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice job dude...

...did you get the Misses off the ceiling ?

...after the 4 lane scheme ?

Lookin' cool bro...

Si.

PS. Don't worry about the iPhone, they are rubbish...( up-grade soon )...
...the slot-car track is way better !!!

The wife is on a 'need to know' basis and she doesnt need to!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (h00ch @ 28 Jan 2012, 06:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How does the copper tape help with the connections between track pieces? Is it conductive on the glue side?

Yeah, even though there is adhesive on one side its still conductive. You wouldnt believe the difference, Ive tried power taps and nipping up the joints but the copper tape has done the trick. Only problem I have now is not enough power running through the track.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Awesome track falkster, great work and its coming together nicely. Can't wait to see the final photos when it is completed! Keep us posted.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE (Aidan @ 30 Jan 2012, 08:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Awesome track falkster, great work and its coming together nicely. Can't wait to see the final photos when it is completed! Keep us posted.

There's a million miles to go before I'm anywhere near the finish line. I need to sort the power out then I can look at boxing in the raised section (got all those finished to one side), then look at filling in the sections between the track to create a proper sand trap look and then there's buildings plus other basic scenery. I don't want to go mad with hills and trees, I'm wanting a race circuit affect. We'll see!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Aidan @ 30 Jan 2012, 08:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Awesome track falkster, great work and its coming together nicely. Can't wait to see the final photos when it is completed! Keep us posted.

There's a million miles to go before I'm anywhere near the finish line. I need to sort the power out then I can look at boxing in the raised section (got all those finished to one side), then look at filling in the sections between the track to create a proper sand trap look and then there's buildings plus other basic scenery. I don't want to go mad with hills and trees, I'm wanting a race circuit affect. We'll see!!

·
Registered
881 Posts
QUOTE (falkster @ 30 Jan 2012, 06:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It's just copper foil with adhesive on one side!
Sorry, I meant what brand and specific name of tape. Obviously not all copper tape is the same.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE (h00ch @ 30 Jan 2012, 15:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sorry, I meant what brand and specific name of tape. Obviously not all copper tape is the same.

It hasn't got a brand name, I've had a reply from the guy and it is conductive on both sides.

I'm not sure it's obvious otherwise I wouldn't have needed to ask the supplier the question after the event.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts