SlotForum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, just joined the forum after purchasing my 1st scalextric set!!! Only waited 30yrs.

Forum looks lik a great place for info & related chat.

Think my bank account may be in for a bashing though

·
Lee Beswick
1,217 Posts
Welcome to SF marky

Glad you've realised at this early stage that all your cash will disappear quickly as your collection of little cars grows! There's plenty of people on here in the same position and willing to lend a sympathetic ear

You may also get some great advice...it's the best place for it!

Which scaley set did you buy?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Went for Need for Speed set just to get me started as it was on offer!!!! Already trawling for more cars and track packs!!!!

Cannot believe the detail on the modern cars compared to the cars when I was a nipper in the 80's.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering if there is a link to FAQ regarding scalextric sets/maintance and compatability issues?

I am aware of digital/analogue etc but have no idea about wether other manufacturer 1:32 models can be used on scalextrics tracks without requiring mods etc... Me thinks I have alot to learn......

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Hi Mark,

Any 1/32 scale analogue car can be used on Scalextric track pretty much. It's when you get to digital you have to pick one and stick to it. Ninco, SCX, Carrera and Scalextric have all developed their own systems.

Come and race with us for a night and i'm sure we can answer a lot of your question in one go.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
If you like detail have a look at some of the Fly cars, they were the company that set the new standard and it was a wake up call to Scalextric and the others.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those Fly Cars look amazing. SOOOOO much detail (& Pricey too!!!!) Just brought a SCX Nascar & awaiting an SCX Merc DTM car.

Has anyone got any links to vids about how to race/tuning?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts