Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Here's the cars I plan to build next now I've got the Jag running nicely, no interior in the Jag yet but will get to that at some point. Thought I'd show just how big the Jag is (and probably why I had the handling problems) when compared to the next cars. First up is the 54' 300SL, I've cast a resin copy of the diecast, just waiting on wheels from Ranch design to build the chassis...

shows how tall the jag is compared to it, next will be the W196...

how sleek is that! haven't made a resin cast yet but will do at the weekend, finally a 52' 300SL...

looks tiny compared to the big Brit, again will cast it in resin at the weekend. I should be able to get these to run very nicely.

PS. Yes, I have a thing for Mercs!!

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tom, I won't be selling any Jag shells, this is a one off and was cast without the front grille and bumpers etc so not much use to anyone who hasn't got a dieast to nick the bits from.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That Jag looks very fine indeed.

It's difficult not too have a soft spot for those classic Mercs, look forward to seeing them when done.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
the W196 is very nice! what´s the wheel diameter of the diecast?
can you post a side shot? the nose looks very low, but a SlideGuide should fit under it, as it fits under the nose of a H0 GT40.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Here's a side shot, sorry for the rubbish quality..

..wheels are approx 16mm I'll check tonight. The whole car is lower than the wheel arches on the Jag!. Motor and gears will still fit under there though but wont leave too much room for a driver.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Brilliant work Marlon with great finish quality and detailing. (Especially as they are 1:43!)

Cheers,

Philip

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh mommy...the W196, one of my favorites! Looking forward to see that one! The 300SL will be a beauty as well!

Very nice indeed!

Will you be producing the W196 in any quantity?

Best regards!

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Thanks everyone

Slotsquatch, sorry I won't be producing in any qty.

Here's an update on the cars, I've cast the 52' 300SL and cut the roof off of one to make a roadster version..

the 54' SL's are painted and waiting for wheels to build a chassis and finish off...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Master class comes to mind...boy that red really pops!

Thanks for sharing...enjoying seeing these!

Squatch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts