SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next meeting will be on Thursday 9 April
track set up at 5.30 ..racing starts at 7pm

Who is up for this one then, names please.! !
JIM. S

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Sorry I did not make it in the end.

I looked at the traffic once I finished work, and it wasn't pretty

Good to hear that Ian Grinham, one of the original HO guys from the early 90s, made his HONK debut.

When is the next one?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we had a meeting with four of us, and run two classes on the night
And welcome to .... Ian Grinham

We run F1 first

1..Mike R 112 Laps
2..Ian G 100 Laps
3..Jim S N/A
4..Dave H N/A

Then Nascar

1..Jim s 109 Laps
2..Dave H 98 Laps
3..Ian G 89 Laps
4..Mike R 89 Laps

A nice evening racing, the timing light tower issue was resolved..

Well the next meeting is on the thursday 23--4--2015
SO CAN WE HAVE SOME NAMES UP PLEASE.. COME ON PEOPLE WE NEED TO COVER THE RENT MONEY OR ITS NOT WORTH DOING ! !

JIM S

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Jim - I have said for some time that SlotForum is not the place to gather names.

I would say that most times more drivers present are not using it than are. Ian is somebody I have known since the very beginning, and I have been sending him facebook invites and emailing with him for some time. Last week it finally worked, and he enjoyed it. But you won't see him on here.

SlotForum is a great place, with depth and many uses. But the fact is the vast majority of guy we can pool from don't use it very often, and some not at all.

Would you like me to make you an Admin for the HONK Facebook page? That combined with emailing everyone to remind them of race dates should give a better picture and more chance of getting decent turnouts. Once we get the turnouts closer to double figures things will pick up on their own, but right now if you truly want to cover the rent you need to look outside this forum.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Jim you need to join Facebook then you can annoy everybody
Send out party invites comment in Facebook forums
Wind up people that's the way to go
Also be good to have live traffic updates on the qe11 bridge
Keep up the good work mate

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
This seems to be directed at me, and surlier than your last post. This seems to be a theme, then when we meet we get on fine. Perhaps there is some long-running problem you have with me that would be better for everyone if we cleared it up?

You are describing, with your own spin, my activities on Facebook. This is also where Callum posts his stuff that makes us laugh, and if you look wider one also sees some pretty vile and stupid stuff in with the good.

However, this has nothing to do with Jim, and the best place for him to reach potential racers. That place is Facebook, followed by email. This forum is in last place by some distance unless we include chappe telegraph. If you disagree with these facts I'd be all ears since I am interested in anything that might improve our numbers.

I'm offering to set Jim up as and admin on FB for HONK. That won't expose him to anything more than people replying to event invites or commenting on that one single page. The alternative is to stay on here, where he reaches one person who can give a useful answer (Dave H).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts