SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to throw this question out to SCHORC members. As I understand it the Super F1 class will run alongside the standard F1 but with a separate championship. Tony please correct me if I am wrong.

My question was is everyone planning to run Super F1 or will people be running Tycos. If my assumption above is correct I personally was planning to continue running a tyco but obviously if I'm the only one there would be little point. As I have said before I am happy to race anything so it's not an issue for me, but I was interested to know.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
If everyone else was racing the Tycos then I would happily continue to do so.

If a few people start pounding around in Super F1 then I would probably want to join them rather than racing a slower chassis.

However the idea of using the same chassis for both classes doesn't really appeal to me to be honest. At the moment I think it's nice that the two classes use different chassis with different handling and speed characteristics.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I agree, but if somebody swaps in a F1 body to their MR1 and kicks everyone's butt then they won't like that either.

It would probably be better to not allow the MR1 and SRT in the new class, which is partly why I am giving those bodies away - I would hate to sell somebody something they then can't use.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Here is a radical idea; Race 20+ times a year! Tyco F1 and Mod one week, EAHORC Nascar and Super F1 the next time.

If you look around, the vast majority of slot car clubs race a lot more than 12 times a year, some 50-100. In HO only DHORC get remotely near that.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Indeed. However, you don't currently have an eahorc membership and for all I know may not of had one when you started 'those' threads, so let's not worry too much about that. Better to focus on the fact Jim has posed a question publicly, and answer it.

My interest in the discussion pretty much starts and ends with potentially very suitable bodies I have to give away.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
QUOTE (montoya1 @ 8 Nov 2011, 18:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here is a radical idea; Race 20+ times a year! Tyco F1 and Mod one week, EAHORC Nascar and Super F1 the next time.

If you look around, the vast majority of slot car clubs race a lot more than 12 times a year, some 50-100. In HO only DHORC get remotely near that.

A similar idea occurred to me earlier, we could have a Special Events Cup, which would be made up of the special events we have started having recently. So it would include things like Nascar, Super F1, Classics (pancake, G+ etc from non AVHORA meetings), and the IROC Team Endurance, and Group 5 sports cars.

You would potentially have to be a proper Jack of all HO trades to win it!

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
QUOTE (Jimb0 @ 8 Nov 2011, 12:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just wanted to throw this question out to SCHORC members. As I understand it the Super F1 class will run alongside the standard F1 but with a separate championship. Tony please correct me if I am wrong.

My question was is everyone planning to run Super F1 or will people be running Tycos. If my assumption above is correct I personally was planning to continue running a tyco but obviously if I'm the only one there would be little point. As I have said before I am happy to race anything so it's not an issue for me, but I was interested to know.

Jim

Jim, the decision about even running the 'Super F1 class' has not yet been decided, that is the reason for the test after the Nascar Special on November 27th, until then the whole matter is in limbo!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts