SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, I'll start building my permanent track when my house is finished... and that will be in august of september.

Meanwhile I'm collecting scenery to put around the track (see different topic's here). Well today I had to go to Dreamland for a gift for a newborn baby (not mine... nooo...) and I found some 1/32 trucks. Nice Mercedesses and Scania's from Welly. They had different ones. Car transporters, container trucks, and tanker trucks.

Well I bought the Mercedes "Shell" truck, and I wanted to share some pictures with u. Maybe you're looking for some additional scenery, than this is a good option. The truck is very propperly done, and the scale is quite allright i think...

Some pictures:

In the box:

Greetz

G.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Excellent truck tDi! I haven't seen the Welly brand before, or indeed the shop Dreamland, but I shall keep an eye out. How much was the tanker?

Seen some good New Ray trucks in 1:32 too, they are beginning to appear in the Uk and have a good range of nice 1:32 statics

·
Registered
420 Posts
Now and then Toys R Us are selling similar - they look the same to me - 1/32 die-cast trucks in the UK with the difference that they are sold under the supermarkets own brand 'fast lane' and different livery. Price around 12 - 15 pounds. They really are very nice for the price. I have not seen a transporter version though.

//peter

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know the "Fast LAne" trucks... but they are not as good modelled as this one...

I think I'm gonna go after the transporter truck tomorrow...
That's always nice on a track...

G.

·
Registered
5 Posts
How`s the scale of these trucks? I bought 4 New Ray rigs from the US to have behihind the pitstop buildings; Merc. Actros, DAF 95, Freightliner and Peterbuilt. Nice static trucks, but they`re way too big to be 1/32 compare to the slot cars in the same scale.

Anyway; the look really good!
I`ve removed the decorations on two of them, and are curently repainting and working out some new graphics.

Jon from Norway

"Pig Valley Intl. Raceway manager"

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Any chance of a side by side pic of the cab with a FLY GB track Merc' truck?

Not the same truck I know but it would be interesting to see the comparison.

That IS a nice looking rig.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have pics at home from the Welly Mercedes against the Fly MAN...
Will post them tonight... I'm at work now...

The Benz is very big in comparison to the MAN... but in real life... the race-trucks are also very small in comparision to their road models.

Race trucks are built with only one purpose: going on the track... they have litte from their road-brothers.

I'm looking for a real-life pic from the Race MAN next to his road brother...

Gunther

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Two man standing by a road MAN...

Their heads come 20cm under the front window, so the race Tatra has to as high as the bottem of the front window, or the wipers or so...

And with my two 1/32 trucks... is it quite the same story...

Greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetzoef

Gunther

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here are the Man Fly and the Welly Benz Actros...

It is like I said... the top of the race-truck is about as high as the bottom end of the window of the road truck.

I've put figures next to the trucks for comparision with the real life pictures...

Greetzzzzzzz

Gunther

·
Registered
480 Posts
Jada Toys have a lable called "Hot Rigz" under which some really nice trucks can be found. In my own collection I have also some nice Majorettes like the '63 Corvette and the GATE cars are very detailed.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts