SlotForum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of buying one of these, how do the two compare on running, quality, detail and finish etc.

Thanks,
Marlon.

121 Posts
Hi Marlon, personally i thought the ninco cobra was too fat , mine was ebayed. The mrrc I believe is the old revell body, which seems more in proportion. This was available as a easy kit some years ago and shouldn't be too difficult to track down. I fitted mine with an old revell chassis, scalex formula junior driver, fly wheels , not prototypically correct, but sure is fun to slide around, don't know if this helps you but I would go for the mrrc.....alan...

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have some of the MRRC Cobras and they are great. I installed Ninco Cobra wheels and tires which makes them look much better. My MRRC Cobras do not have the hood scoop but I think some this may have been corrected for new cars. Performance wise the MRRC is very fast on plastic track but without magnets or on a wood track the Ninco is really fantastic in my experience. ad choiceBottom line is neither is a bad choice.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Hi Marlon,

I have the blue and white MRRC cobras and the red and blue Ninco cobras. The blue Ninco is one of my most favorite cars to run relaxing laps with. It is fast, smooth, forgiving, and has a nice sound.

One thing to know about the Ninco cobras - they are not all created equal.

The gray, red, and black cobras have the NC-2 motor with no magnet. They are a handful, but fun.

The blue cobra has the NC-2 but a new chassis with a button magnet - similar to the red Austin Healey rally car. I'm no judge of body shape but I do prefer this car to the MRRCs. They are more prone to shunts, which has required some repair work on bumpers and exhaust pipes. I think I might take the magnets out of my MRRC cobras and put in NC-1s.

The newest Ninco cobra - the white one - has the NC-5 motor and the button magnet.

Hope this helps,

Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Just to give you apples to apples to compare, here are some pics. The Ninco has the hood scoop but lacks bumpers. The Ninco exhaust pipes look like heated metal, the MRRC are chrome. Also, while both are inline, the MRRC motor is mounted closer to the front and uses a driveshaft.

Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

·
Phil B.
3,774 Posts
I built a Cobra from a Monogram/MRRC shell on a cut down Fly Porsche 908 ( I think) chassis, scalex GT40 wheels and rear axle and with a bit of weight in the front it has a very low centre of gravity and it flies - well worth the conversion.
Cheers - Phil

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
MRRC looks more 'authentic' whereas the Ninco looks equally stunning but looks like a shiny model.

And MRRC have that wonderfully 'stoned' looking driver. "Hey, man...is that an albatross near that fluffy little cloud?" You can't beat that guy

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Be aware that the new MRRCs come with a red motor that is stupid fast. It makes the car a projectile, especially with out the magnet. A stock Scaley motor is a snap in swap and makes for a nice, still fast non mag car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.