SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ninco had a nice stand at the show with a few slotcars on display and most of their RC range of planes, helicopters ans cars. Us slotcar fans are bewildered why a slotcar company makes RC products, but I was told that if it wasn't for the RC toys, the company would not be still around. The slotcar market as we know is not as strong as it was a few years ago.

Ninco will be producing an Audi R18 and it will hopefully be a great car. The Martini Lancia is new as is the Texaco Ford. The Chevrolet Camaro Daytona and SSX cars are high-impact starter cars.

Xslot seems to be no more. Not much else in terms of news. Lets hope that things pick up.

·
Registered
270 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 5 Feb 2012, 10:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ninco had a nice stand at the show with a few slotcars on display and most of their RC range of planes, helicopters ans cars. Us slotcar fans are bewildered why a slotcar company makes RC products, but I was told that if it wasn't for the RC toys, the company would not be still around. The slotcar market as we know is not as strong as it was a few years ago.

I hope Ninco slot cars survive, they make some nice models, but they need to look at their prices - their standard cars compare well with Scalextric/SCX but they cost 20% more and their Pro Spec cars just don't cut the mustard when compared to the likes of Slot.it, NSR and Scaleauto

·
Registered
924 Posts
Doug,

Do you have any information to report and/or pictures of the new 2.4 Ghz wireless analog controllers?

Also, please keep in mind that NINCO has been a Distributor of R/C products in Europe since 2007 under the name NINCO Hobby. In 2010, (for the first time) they included their full range of hobby products in its combined catalog (slot cars & RC), have done the same in 2011 and again this year.

Best regards,
Brian

·
Registered
439 Posts
QUOTE (highbarn @ 5 Feb 2012, 13:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I hope Ninco slot cars survive, they make some nice models, but they need to look at their prices - their standard cars compare well with Scalextric/SCX but they cost 20% more and their Pro Spec cars just don't cut the mustard when compared to the likes of Slot.it, NSR and Scaleauto

I hope they survive too but their lightning range is in my opinion overpriced, they are more expensive than slot it and just under NSR, still the wheels and axles are just too soft.

Nothing there takes my money.

Shame

Dave

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I have no problem with the fact that they are selling RC stuff as well. I would just like them to provide again well designed detailed cars. Back to the roots !
And I am not the only complaining about the lightning and black window cars. There are many others on this forum and on others. I think it is logic that a company get low sales when she doesn't listen to the wishes of her customers.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
I am really pleased to see the Eggenberger Cosworth by Ninco.

It looks good, a bit wider than the Scalextric version, nevertheless, an instant must have!

The Lancia 037 looks rather smart too, I will be looking for a new Group B rally car to replace my Spirit Peugeot 205, it'll be either one of these or an Metro 6R4 from MSC. I like the look of the new Hornby 6R4, although likely be no match for either a Ninco or MSC.

Jamie

·
Gary Skipp
6,537 Posts
Any number of people on this forum can make better decals than what's on display in those photos

Maybe there are some surprise releases to come, there were last year. I'd be interested in the Sierra, but I think it looks awful! Still, its clearly a hash-up, maybe the release model will be a lot tidier.

Interesting that you report Xslot has zero visibility, it's a pity for Ninco but IMO was always destined to struggle. Hopefully the RC market will boom and they can re-invest properly in slotcars again

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
QUOTE (Jon Cross @ 5 Feb 2012, 19:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone know what the second Citroen C4 model is?
To me it looks like Alexandre Romain's car from the Belgian Rally Championship.

No Jon - i think it's Evgeny Novikov and Dale Moscatt Citroen C4 Junior Team WRC Neste Oil Rally of Finland 2009 in Jyvaskyla, Finland.

·
Registered
74 Posts
[quote name='JEXY1' date='6 Feb 2012, 08:51' post='683959']
No Jon - i think it's Evgeny Novikov and Dale Moscatt Citroen C4 Junior Team WRC Neste Oil Rally of Finland 2009 in Jyvaskyla, Finland.

The one I'm on about is the small picture on page 11 of the catalogue.
Have a look at this site

www.connectauto.be/alexandreromain

·
Premium Member
4,797 Posts
I think the second C4 is Novikov's second livery from 2009:

Although I am squinting to make anything out!

I'll take a yellow one, though.

So with Ogier's car last year, plus two Novikov liveries, there's only Conrad Rautenbach's South African car left and they'll have the full Citroen Junior Team of 2009!

Presumably there's some cost issue on licencing the later Red Bull cars of Loeb and Sordo, and of course Kimi's navy blue one - seen here in a rare moment when not on its roof:

·
Registered
710 Posts
Sad to see.

I do like the new E-Types but considering the prices for Ninco's here in the states as of late I'll wait and buy one on the secondary market. I just cant justify that kind of cash for somenthing that is unlikely to run worth a darn once I take the magnet out.

As for for the "no detail" line I just don't get it. $55 for something that looks like a dollar store toy.

You can trace the decline in our hobby to the economic downturn of '08, but at the same time we have seen an increase in the product prices combined with a decrease in the visual quality. That is not a winning formula.

It's nice that Ninco's are made in Spain but I believe it is a choice they will live to regret.

Just out of curiosity-where is there RC stuff made?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Unless i'm way off - the RC stuff i have seen from Ninco - is re-branded made in Asia stuff that can be bought for much less without the Ninco logo - unless they have decided this will also be made in Spain.

·
Rob
528 Posts
I agree with you guys Ninco are loosing slight of the Slotcar market.

The Prorace cars are too expensive and don't run that well (unless you upgrade the axles / gears with Slot it ones).
I race a Ninco Ford GT upgraded with slot it Gears/axles/wheels/Tyres and its is great.

Slot it seem have got it right at the moment and also Nsr are starting to get the balance right too.

Why on earth Ninco went down the Xslot 1/28 route is anyone's guess (why did they not learn from Scalextric's mistake back in the 1960's with the 1/24 size?!?).

There are some nice Ninco car designs / colour schemes, but really they need to get back to their 2004/2005 era of making good Supra/NSX type cars that went well and looked nice enough.

I think most of the Ninco slotcars are now made in China (I know the Ford GT is)

·
Tom Brown (Scorpus Flex)
1,214 Posts
I like the texaco sierra that was my favourite matchbox car as a kid until i lost it in the woods or something, will be aiming for that. Lancia 037 is a maybe my fly one is nice but the ninco might be a better runner. got a 911sc the other week and it wasnt too great.

·
Registered
83 Posts
-----------------------------------
It's nice that Ninco's are made in Spain but I believe it is a choice they will live to regret.
-----------------------------------

on the bottom of that white Jag is stated

made in China

Nevertheless a beautifull car and this will be prepared for the next FunCup. Also my first font engine Ninco

Frank

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
Please Ninco go back to your origins and listen to your slotracing customers!!!, they were your core business and still could be a major contributer, but do try and source a distributer for the UK.

Guys just look at hornby if it werent for thier train sets they would have gone under many years ago.

Zen

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'm about to start collecting a few Ninco WRC cars. One or other of the Novikov cars has just gone on my list.

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
I've been a fan of Ninco for 15 years. Back then a Ninco slot car retailed for around the same price as a Scalextric or most any other brand - approximately $45 US. The competition moved production to China and were able to keep prices reasonably low (today a Scalextric car retails for around $50 US - little more than a 10% increase over the 1997 price). Ninco's prices, on the other hand, have increased over the same period by 177%!!! No wonder it looks to Ninco like the market for slot cars is shrinking. No doubt, sales of Ninco slot cars have plummeted in the past few years. It's not because they don't produce a great product - they do. It's because they were not able to keep costs in line with that of their competition.
Just my 2¢
Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts