Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a suitable race partner for my Ninco Austin Healey MKIII Soft Top.

It is one of my favourite cars to run around my home circuit but there doesnt seem to be any other car currently available that would not look out of place on the grid next to the Austin.

The car I am after would need to perform similarly to the Austin (out of the box) and be from roughly the same time period.

I would be very grateful if any of you could offer some potential candidates to fill this gap in my car stable

Thanks.....Mark.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blimey that was quick Jonny !

I thought the Jag might be just a few too many years behind the MKIII but I will definitely take a closer look at it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Point taken Jonny. I was at Mallory Park last Saturday for a Classic Car driving experience xmas present.

The Jag MKII, Aston DB6, Jag D type and E type were mixing it together on the track at the same time and they all looked great.

The Ninco XK120 is my next car purchase !!

Thanks again....Mark.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
Note the XK120 have nc-1 motors and no magnets compared to the Austins that have the NC-2 and a strong magnet. Worth downgrading the Austin to NC-1 power, cause as Jonny say the Ninco classics are great fun with IMO the best one being the XK120.

They can sell for well over RRP but as Nincos last classic release was an XK120 Alpine rally (british racing green with a soft top) then most of the retailers should have them avail at RRP or less

Matt

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
A subject close to my heart....

Also The Cobra, Airfix or whatever Etypes, MGB's, Aston, Sprite,TR4a, OCA Lightweight Etypes and MGB GT's, Early Chapperels .

As others have said run them without mag's with NC1's Great fun and the best racing you can get. (1:1 as well as 1/32nd).

Regards

Alan

1 - 8 of 8 Posts