SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To give you a helping hand in preparing for the Championship I thought it might be an idea to get as many peoples points of view on the Championship cars I have started a separate section for each of the six Championship cars.
Even if your note planning to compete your points are of interest.

Before you all start talking about swapping motors etc, bear in mind this is a box standard Championship no changes to standard spec allowed.

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Will there be dynamo testing? If not motors will almost certainly be swapped for NC3's or Slot.It Boxers (silver versions). Wrappers can be changed so that they look like NC2's.

Lotus

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Ooh you devious person you!

It's hardly in the spirit of the event is it Lotus? Especially when the event should attract new blood who know nothing of such underhand slottery. As such they should be given some help instead of being totally annihilated by more experienced slot pilots.

Mark.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Lotus

Fair point - will have to look into this.

Your own clubs will be responsible for checking the cars at your own heats etc.

When (hopefully) you come to the finals it will not be a problem as all the cars in the finals will be supplied by the NSCC and each racers will race each car on each lane (i.e. the cars stay on their own lanes each race).

Apart from dynamo testing is there no other physical or visual difference between the motors you mentioned?

Gareth

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Nope.

Club cars? Why are you asking for set up tips if they are going to be supplied?

I could cheat my ass off at my club (paying off my scrutineers) and even if I get last place at the final, it's better than not getting there at all, eh?

Just to clear this up. I'm not going to enter into this compotition as it's not my thing. I'm just playing devils advocate here...

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You are absolutely right the club heats could be open to cheating, but as Difflock says hardly in the spirit of the Championship.

What we are hoping to do is to get a few more people racing at local clubs throughout the world.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quick note to say that the reference number noted on the the rules and regs is not correct!

Basically any Ninco BMW M3 GTR with an NC-2 is OK.

Ref 50335 "Amprex" Black No.15 (TBC - awaiting NC5/NC2 clarification)
Ref 50295 "Meijers"
Ref 50307 "Euro GT"
Ref 50269 "Road Car Silver"
Ref 50271 "Motorsport 43"
Ref 50270 "Motorsport 42"

Thanks Gareth

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Taking a really close look now Jexy and will be talking to the troops this Thursday. Will support you in every way we can mate.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just had confirmation that the Ninco Ref 50335 "Amprex" Black No.15 is NC5 powered so is not eligable for the Championship.

Regards

Gareth

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Started to run in these cars last week at Bowlextric and on two cars the rear wheels came off, suggest that you either 'mank' the axle to get better grip on the wheel or super glue it in.

Speaking to others it would appear this is a common problem.

Gareth

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
QUOTE 'mank'

Er? Can't find that one in me dictionary (or thesaurus
).

At the risk of asking a question related to a member's post, what on earth do you mean?

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Must admit to not being the inventor of this slot term (Mr M. may be able to help with it's origins), but we (Farnham sloter) use this term to describe using a pair of plyers or wire cutters to rough up the end of the axle to get a better grip on the wheel.

Manking - to mank an axle for better grip

Gareth

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
QUOTE (Intergrali @ 4 May 2004, 14:50)and if someone subtly changed the m for a w it could be quite amusing

Inte, you do what you want with your *anking tool and I'll keep mine for scoring axles!

I don't know what all the fuss is about, mank(along with munter) is a perfectly cromulent (sic.) word!

Mr.M

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
I guess it comes from Manky, as in messed up, not nice, filthy. Hence, to mank an axle is to rough it up.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
QUOTE (Ecurie Ecosse @ 4 May 2004, 18:00)I guess it comes from Manky, as in messed up, not nice, filthy.
You're just having a go at my dusty cars again, aren't you?

I seem to remember it came from a Scandinavian football player that was having trials at Southampton- Axle Mankers! Or was it Bent Axelrod? It's ingrained in Farnham folklore, anyway!

Mr.M(anker)

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your running on scalex track the trim the guide blade, also the motor can move so glue that it as well as the wheels, i find these need a bit of running in for the gear to mesh,making it far smoother running,i use the kevin light test bench, but any type of running will do as a run in bmw is far smoother and really are great fun

1 - 20 of 20 Posts