SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received the above from Pendle and i have to say this car looks rather neat
well presented and after opening her up looks very straight forward no frills etc etc like ive seen inside Scalextric and carrera cars just seems well made.
Couple things i noticed the front axle has lots play up and down as well as a bit side to side will this affect performance ?? Another thing was the actual tyres were def not true and had "bits" hanging off the sides !!

The natty motor ,NC5 i believe, is a striking pink <which the missus commented on and immediately enamoured her to the car fickle thing> and was off set ?? Whats the thinking here??
I remember reading somewhere that the ninco clk had "legendary performance" anyone know if this comes close ? This is the first Ninco ive bought and am expecting good things !!
Just a general question is there anything i need to have a look at to make this perform before taking the little ones Fly BMW on at the weekend???

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
The Ninco M3 GTR is a sublime car... I have 2 M3's...

They handle excellent and the performance is much better than the Ninco CLK...
My cars are equipped with the NC-2...

Cheers

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
Hmmm, not sure about the exact science of it all, others here will wade in I'm sure, but the theory is something to do with torque transfer. Presumably you get more use of it with the anglewinder installation.

I don't think you are going to get your Ninco to out perform your Fly M3 - not if the latter keeps its tyres on, doesn't shift the contrate along the axle, has enough room for the gears to clear the interior and doesn't suffer from any other maladies that seem to beset this model. When the Fly Beemer is on song, she's on song. Sweet.

That said, the Ninco can whistle a pretty ditty too. All I did to mine is slacken off the body screws a tad. I guess it is down to weight distribution or something but they have an amazing ability, for a magnet car, to come back from a tail in the breeze moment.

Thinking about it, I think I cut/removed the exhausts from one of 'em. Think it was the Fly.

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Kevin: Like most cars the front axle needs to be mounted properly to reduce the movement.Everyone has their favourite idea. I use the original rar bearings in the fron and replace the rears with Scalex to redude the REAR movement as well. I simply enlarge the front axle slots and glue the bearings in the correct place. Our rules allow these mods!. Brass tube can be used also. Some guys simply space the axle up with styrene or foam.

The tyres need to be glued and trued to the rear rims.
Phil

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 6 May 2004, 10:43)Hmmm, not sure about the exact science of it all, others here will wade in I'm sure, but the theory is something to do with torque transfer. Presumably you get more use of it with the anglewinder installation.
I seem to recall something from GCSE-level Physics about a meshing of gears being more efficient if the teeth are allowed to "roll" across each other as they do in an anglewinder configuration. No doubt someone can fill in the real science bit.

Coop

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Regarding reducing the front axle play. Does the chassis have a couple of vertical webs, running lengthways, inboard of the front axle slots? My ninco Callaway does and all I've done is glue some scaley bearings on top of those webs. No need to go gouging out the axle slots. I'm not sure if the M3 chassis has a similar arrangement at the front or not.

Mark.

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE meshing of gears being more efficient if the teeth are allowed to "roll" across each other as they do in an anglewinder
There's little doubt that Ninco would have chosen a straight sidewinder configuration had their motors been short enough to permit this. Angle-winders are a compromise that works but not ideal.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts