Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, was wondering if anybody out there has the Ninco Chicane corner installed in their track. Reason i ask is i'm looking for track dimensions. Iv'e been told that the Chicane uses R4 curves. Is this Nincos standard curve that comes in their Race sets, if not what curve is used. There is no info that i have found saying what the total width of the 180 degree Hairpin is. The reason , i have limited space left on my table. I have held of purchasing the Chicane till i find out. So total measurment from one side to the other,measurement to be track only,no boarders or shoulders pleas. Thanks for the help. Robert V.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Robert,

The NINCO #10511 Chicane Kit uses standard R2 curves so it can be used in a track layout in place of two standard straights and four standard R2 curves.

Best regards,
Brian

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI , Brian thats the problem that i'm having is, whats an R2 or R1 etc, i have a a couple of different curves, but none have a number on them. Right now i have a Hairpin curve that has 4 pcs of curved track in it to make a complete 180 degree turn,so based on the
number of pcs that i am using what is it R1 R2 R3 etc. Right now it is a standard track rail spacing and i want to replace it with the Chicane version. Thanks for your help. Robert

·
Registered
911 Posts
Robert,

The standard R2 curves are what is used the most in the race sets and the radius is 16.5 inches measured from the outer edge of the track. Also, the only curves that come in a 45 degree size is the the R1 and R2 curves. The R1 curve fits inside the R2 curve.

Best regards,
Brian

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys, well after all that at least i now know that the track i'm using in my Harpin are R1's . Which is where i wanted to be. So the Ninco chicane is made up of R2's and that won't fit my current avaiable space. So for now i will live with it. I'm thinking of making my own out of M.D.F. Thanks again for the insite. Robert

1 - 6 of 6 Posts