SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry Posted this previously in the wrong section...

I currently running a a Ninco Digital sytem, using approx 30 metres of track in 2 lane format with an extended Pit lane section, with a MAARDS display system.

When using the Ninco controller in "PS" mode I note that the Pit Stop fill time is approx 10 secs when completely empty and is generally proportional to required fill (0 to 10 secs = 0 to 100% fuel fill).

I also note that if the instruction to refuel is missed (pits full etc.) the car slows dramatically to approx 50% speed, often dependent upon tract layout when the reduced speed is applied the car will struggle to get across the lane change sections disrupting the other racers, hence it would be great to increase this speed to maybe 75%.

Questions
Does anyone know of any way to adjust these 2 parameters i.e.

1. Refill time
2. Minimum speed after pit stop missed.

Would be greatful of any advice.

Thank you Martin

·
Registered
236 Posts
These two parameters cannot be changed. However, note the following:

- In console [firmware] versions 1.06 and earlier the "diminished" speed when the pit stop is delayed/ignored is faster than the latest versions (1.07/1.08).
- The "diminished" speed is slightly faster when running the 'professional' throttle profile, vs. 'amateur'.
- You can leave the pit lane prior to a complete refill by pressing the lane change button during refueling. This will shorten the pit stop but you won't get a full tank.

_michael

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that Michael.

I am just about to change over to use a "Simple-H" supply so I presume this will help the speed stability when the pit stop is missed or just better track design.

anyway thankyou

Cheers martin

·
Registered
236 Posts
Also, the argument can be made that when a 1:1 car runs out of fuel, its performance does not diminish. It just stops. In that sense, the N-Digital implementation may actually be more realistic. If you are not already using a race management/display computer application, take a look at PC Lap Counter and MAARDS. They have superior fuel management displays that help to ensure that mandatory pit stops are not missed.

_michael

·
Registered
93 Posts
QUOTE (mfogg @ 26 Sep 2011, 05:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Also, the argument can be made that when a 1:1 car runs out of fuel, its performance does not diminish. It just stops. In that sense, the N-Digital implementation may actually be more realistic. If you are not already using a race management/display computer application, take a look at PC Lap Counter and MAARDS. They have superior fuel management displays that help to ensure that mandatory pit stops are not missed.

_michael

Hi Micheal, just currious whats MAARDS, is it a computer program.
Robert V.

·
Registered
236 Posts
QUOTE (Robert V. @ 26 Sep 2011, 18:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...whats MAARDS, is it a computer program...Yes. Just Google "maards" and you'll get links to the site.

_michael

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Michael

Yep we already use MAARDS and find it to be one of the easiest system to apply to the Ninco Digital Base, understand what you mean about realism but another stoppage to the other 4 to 6 cars racing is just a problem waiting to happen. hence the "can I increase the speed when the pitstop missed". I.e. this keeps it all flowing and if the speed is deminissed slightly this would keep the race going without causing problems for the other racers.

We (the eight of us that are in this group ) are all relatively new races so we try to race only 4 racers at once with min 2 marshals but when we implement simple H we will up to 6 racers. We are getting better and faster with less offs, and are moving to hold a more complex endurance event..

Thanks Martin

MAARDS is available from BRS Hobbies in the US - Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts