SlotForum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just converted a ninco Focus for night racing.

Had a ninco light pod in my spares box and drilled it out and added 4 Leds, 3mm
Also drilled out the headlight backs and glued in Leds, connected all up to the motor and the result,
possibly the brightest lights ever on a slotcar!

I've a few before but this one has come out the best due to using the pod on the bonnet, usually in the past I've tried to make a pod from epoxy which doubles up as holding the Leds in place.

All in all, the car was an ebay bargain (just over a tenner and 20 leds were a fiver)

Cheers
Chris

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
I would be interested in a photo of the inside - did you use in other electrical bits? or are the LEDs rated to 12v

Adding lights to some of my cars is on the 'Learn how to do that' list - (for the least amount of $$
)
cheers
DM

·
Julius Wilkko
935 Posts
Nice work with the lights !

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The easiest way is to buy pre-wired 12v leds, they have an inline resistor built in then just connect to the motor terminals (making sure they are the correct way round, if not you can just switch the led wires round as they dont blow or damage)

Just keep the wiring neat and tidy.

I haven't worked out how to add a capacitor yet but I'd be interested in how to incorporate it so the lights stay on.

·
Premium Member
1,207 Posts
Looking at a circuit that came in a Carrera car with lights - the cap is a 100uF jobbie.

So maybe that tells us what value we need - its just how to wire it up!

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,721 Posts
Saviour what does the line next to the V+ connect to? It runs from the cap - through the resistors and then nothing?

Anyone know where you can get those mini plugs like on the Autoart cars so you can connect to wires to the motor and plug them into the lights. I would like to keep them on but as very few of my cars do that anyway I would settle for the pre-wired LEDs - I looked on eBay and say 2mm and 1.8mm wires - I wonder if the smaller ones would be better for slot cars

DM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts