SlotForum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
hi guys, as I prepare for my Ninco surgery, I have a some questions about installing a S/F track,
I wonder if for this, I need to install at 4 beacons.

I do plan to use A/C on the ninco test track. I also noticed the beacon installs take place on full straights. Is this mainly to be able to house the LC board?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
QUOTE No, as anti collision and lapcounting are unrelated functions.

Do AC beacons still need to be covered when AC is not used?
I ask for two reasons:

1) maybe ill install all 4 beacons on a single straight and have the option to use the straight as a S/F line, or attach a XLC to it at some point (no lap counting obviously)
2) I want to be able to turn on AC when I play with new drivers (my friends for instance or kids) and turn it off for some real racing or to use PEARL.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 18 Jul 2011, 00:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>AC will need to be ON or off permanently, its not switchable.

okay, so lets say I installs the AC beacons all around my track on every LC. When I use PEARL, PEARL will work, but the AC beacons will not deter or prevent collisions.
By the same token, can I install the AC beacons to the start/finish line and expect them to do nothing with AC turned on (they do nothing because there no LC attached to that LB at the moment) OR will the interfere with lap counting?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 18 Jul 2011, 01:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I thought AC was part of the LC setup, and could be configured to be on or off when you configure the LB.

it is, but you have to turn it on or off each LC at a time. - for PEARL to work, all LC need to be either ON or OFF. Its rather a time consuming task to turn them on or off.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
So the answer to my question : at the s/f line, if I choose to install the ac beacons and turn on ac on the while track, I will need to cover them at the s/f line?

It shouldn't matter since there really isn't an lc attached, unless it will affect lap counting.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 18 Jul 2011, 03:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>See post number 11, already answered today

to confirm, it shouldn't matter as lap count and AC are unrelated.

question regarding installing on a Ninco single LC:

you would install the corresponding LC beacon 160mm from the LC flipper, (on lane 1) and if I want AC, I will only install one AC beacon on Lane 2 at 220mm.... can you help me here please. (there is a mistake on the graphic)

Upon further thinking, I think I would need both AC beacons and only on LC beacon. Is this correct?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 18 Jul 2011, 06:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its all in the "beacon placement" thread. Post # 3

beacon placement single LC

I suggest you go through all the recent threads and manuals, you will find 90% of your questions already answered

Rick

I guess the question is: Do I need the LC beacon on Lane 2 for a ninco install? considering there is no live flipper at the end? (which is its purpose on a timber track correct?) see this post
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=632873

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 18 Jul 2011, 21:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi,
I thought you were doing a plastic track install with no exit flipper and therefore a move and liven exit flipper function is not in the equation.
For what youre requesting you need both LC LEDs and AC LEDS installed.

Rick

correct, I am installing on NINCO - single LC like shown above. My question is then: what is the purposed of the LC beacon on the lane that goes straight if there is not flipper to move at the end ? Does that LC beacon actually do anything at all?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 18 Jul 2011, 22:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes all 4 LEDs are essential.

Does that LC beacon actually do anything at all on the straight lane? - if so what does it do? , does it count anything? does it help with AC, will it help with pearl?
Give us the correct reason, this way we or at least I understand how this system works so I can move on to a timber install successfully.

I guess maybe I should ask. IF I do not install the LC beacon on the straight lane, what WILL NOT work?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Hi Merc, I agree with you in regards to the wires. Originally I plan do to the same. Although I may at some point we some nice silicone wire when I more to a MDF track.

@Rick.

QUOTE The LC beacon on the straight lane as you call it in pair with the AC beacon on the same lane defines the AC zone.

So of a car stops or get parked between the AC beacon and the AC beacon, it will not allow the adjacent car to change lanes until such cars passed the second beacon and "checks out" of the Anti-collission zone. From what I am gathering you need a good amount of leadway or distance from an adjacent car to make a change or lanes. I would think that more than a cars length? Is this right? - anyone testes this yet?

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
QUOTE (injectorman @ 31 Jul 2011, 00:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Idea

I was thinking of how this would work. So your track is all layout with plastic of wood. Its set for AC. All of the sudden you decide you want to have a non AC race before the guys comes over. Well now you have to lift the track if plastic or crawl under the table or both to get to the Lane brains to toggle the dip switch.

I would much rather walk over to the track, put the laptop on the track / table and re-flash the lane brains. Seems much easier then lifting track, flipping it ect. The best thing would be to be able to flash all LB at once.

I would rather have the improvements be via software so that my investment in hardware does not become obsolete or old. - I don't mind a gen 2 controller, but Lane brains would be disappointing considering most people have bought more than 2 on their tracks. Rick what do you think?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts