Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having issues with my Ninco lap timer.

At home, only one lane works properly, the other lane either doesn't work or is over sensitive.

I took it back to the shop i bought it from, they were great: set it up on their track to test it straight away....and like anything car related it worked perfectly. [email protected]! I'm sure its not related to the light or shadows et al because i've tried it in different light situations and its always the same lane which is having issues.

what should I try? I can't see any screws holding the plastic together or else I would have taken the thing apart to try and adjust the sensors.

any suggestions would be awesome!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hi, could you let us now what kind of Ninco you have, (Analog or Digital) I have had both types but they get their reporting info in different ways.
Robert V.

·
Marc Abbott
1,912 Posts
I have manage to make a Ninco analogue lap counter not work (by fluke obviously).
They do not like the blue guides and sometimes light-grey guides that Scalex often used to use and also if you have a very strong magnet and you're only using a single power pack - there might not be enough power to work everything. Laps will be missed or not work at all in these instances

ABBO

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
377 Posts
why does it work at the shop and not on your track sounds dodgy. Suggest you send it back to ninco is what the shop should do. My experience cannot be written about in case I upset the wrong people. buy a proprietry lap counter system.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it runs on batteries. check out the link and you'll see the one i mean.

I thought it was due to different lighting in the shop compared to my garage, but it plays up in different conditions.

i'll try the shop again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i've worked it out, one of the LEDs isn't working. sometimes it will work if it is getting enough reflected light from a nearby surface. too much reflected light and its too sensitive, not enough and it won't work at all.

obviously at the shop there was just the right amount of light to be accurate enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts