SlotForum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thanks for the advice all.
I was pretty keen to do a switch the NSR axles' wheels, gears, however I'll save that and try the Pro Race gears first.

Some questions I have.
Are the ninco angle winders the only car type that need motor bracing?

One a motor is braced or 'glued' is it then classified as modified for club racing?

Same question as above, but weights...

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,776 Posts
I think the issue with Ninco is a flexible chassis with a higher torque motor and the angle winder = twisting. Not many other makes offer angle winder stock - those that do usually have a pod config which probably is a better set up. I haven't had as many problems with inline Ninco motors hopping but still glue the motors in anyway. I have had success glueing motors in with a few other brands as well. Using hot glue you glue it in try it out if it doesn't work scrape the glue off.

You would need to check with your club what constitutes modified - at our club we have fairly easy rules - mostly around motor class or specifying stock wheels etc. Same with adding weight - though I doubt many clubs running on board would prevent you adding weight they may specify a min. weight or a weight range.

cheers
DM

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sounds good.
I've been thinking about it a bit.
I don't like the hot glue, looks too messy.
I've been thinking about alternatives. Silicone is one I have come up with. Easy to apply and clean up, easy enough to remove later if required.
I'll get the pro race gears first.

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,776 Posts
I don't like the hot glue, looks too messy.

or just sloppy application on my part - the BMW has hot glue on it as well.

silicone should work as well though check how it grips to the plastic of the chassis especially as there may be oil around that area so the sili may not stick

cheers
DM

21 - 24 of 24 Posts