Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got me a Ninco Merc CLK (NC 2) to race in our club's GT class. I have done everything I should have done to prep it except stabilizing the front wheels. It's a short 25m track and nobody is doing it. Anyway, I've raced it twice and had some practice sessions. Last night I saw that the crown has got some teeth missing already. I mean the motor is strapped down, the rear axle is centre, the pinion and grown is lubed. It's rear does bounce a bit if I got full throttle out of the turns but stays down if I do it gradualy. Do I need to change the tires? Has this car got to much power or is it the Ninco geares that are of bad quality?

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
yo mampra
bin there done that
ninco crown gears of late in my eyes are not as good as they were
so now what do is change the crown gear and pinion for slot-it stuff
yes it means changing the axle and axle bushes too as the slot-it crowns don't fit the ninco axle but it's worth it in the long run also you will be able with the different gearing of the crowns and pinions tame the beast to suit your track
so try that mate
as for the bounce glue your motor and axle bushes in
also glue your tyres on
hopefully that will cure your bounce

DR STICKY

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Also the "bouncing" may be caused by a bent rear axle, not unknown on Ninco cars.

Good advice above, swap the rear running gear for Slot.it.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
543 Posts
after taking care of the gear issue:
get an NC5 motor. only a little faster but much more...........drivable. on a short track that last is worth lots and the bounce may just disappear.

·
Jim Moyes
4,999 Posts
Before you buy anything expensive as a fix it may be worth paying a couple of pounds for an NC1 adaptor. It's amazing how a little less power straightens axles and tightens bushings

Mr.M

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
That`s a very good point and it is true in my experience. I love the NC 1 motor as I think the speed of the car is fine but more people oppose that view and want more speed. That`s fine but it`s more strain on components too.

We use the NC 1 for our 24 Hour race and I personaly think the racing is superb.

·
Registered
199 Posts
QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 19 Oct 2004, 22:48)I'm waiting for a Ninco Mercedes CLK-LM (engine NC-1). Is there something I should look out for?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.....!
Your Club-mates, as they will beat the living s... out of you, with that "little motor" in
We are all looking forward to that

Danny (Club-mate)

·
Registered
Ninco Slotcar fans
208 Posts
QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 19 Oct 2004, 22:48)I'm waiting for a Ninco Mercedes CLK-LM (engine NC-1). Is there something I should look out for?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slotrace.dk, good choice with that car and motor !

Use low profile front tyre, fix the motor with rubber, oil gears and mobile pieces, cut the exhaust wipes and loose the screws, and maybe replace the cockpit by black paperboard and rhodoïd (thin, flexible and transparent plastic),
finally add a little weight at the back and... fight !

(this tuning is used at the 24 heures du Chesnay in Paris. (Davic System)

·
René &#39;Vialli&#39; Christensen
4,861 Posts
QUOTE (dannyboy @ 20 Oct 2004, 08:55)QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 19 Oct 2004, 22:48)I'm waiting for a Ninco Mercedes CLK-LM (engine NC-1). Is there something I should look out for?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes.....!
Your Club-mates, as they will beat the living s... out of you, with that "little motor" in
We are all looking forward to that

Danny (Club-mate)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dannyboy - grow up and be a man!

You can't handle the big engines!

·
René &#39;Vialli&#39; Christensen
4,861 Posts
QUOTE (slot-breizh @ 20 Oct 2004, 09:52)QUOTE (Slotrace.dk @ 19 Oct 2004, 22:48)I'm waiting for a Ninco Mercedes CLK-LM (engine NC-1). Is there something I should look out for?
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Slotrace.dk, good choice with that car and motor !

Use low profile front tyre, fix the motor with rubber, oil gears and mobile pieces, cut the exhaust wipes and loose the screws, and maybe replace the cockpit by black paperboard and rhodoïd (thin, flexible and transparent plastic),
finally add a little weight at the back and... fight !

(this tuning is used at the 24 heures du Chesnay in Paris. (Davic System)
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For only £4.99 on eBay I'm satisfied!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts