SlotForum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just getting back into the hobby after a fifteen year break and was wondering if someone could shed some light on the different motors Ninco produce, i.e. NC-1, etc. and where each is best suited.... for example rally, F1, etc.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
When I first came back to the hobby last year I really liked the fast, smooth, stuck down cars from Scaley, Fly, slot.it, etc.

But after a year my tastes have changed. I much prefer cars without magnets and with the lower-powered NC-1 motor.

The choice of motor probably depends on a number of factors. As long as you are racing cars that are evenly matched, the circuit design is probably not the most important factor, you'll still have fun racing. A car without magnets with too powerful a motor will be a problem on the bends - too easy to induce oversteer. A car with magnets with an under-powered motor will stop too quickly when you come off the throttle.

There is a little bit of conflict in the hobby between cars designed for commercial or large club tracks - like Fly cars with racing motors - which can be so fast you never really reach the top end on smaller home tracks and cars like the Ninco Classics which are perfect for home tracks but could not compete with faster cars on larger circuits.

Maybe the thing to do to find what will please you is buy one or two of a variety of cars from different manufacturers. Where you race, and whom you race with, will probably be the most important factors influencing what you like.

Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

1 - 6 of 6 Posts