SlotForum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tel
4,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just realized the NC9 isnt a standard mabuchi firment as I thought it was, what motors are there available that are a straight swap into the motor pods of the NC9 fitted cars ?

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
The MSC Thunder motor is the same fitment as the long-can Ninco, and I'm not certain (because I haven't tried it, yet) but I think the TeamSlot TS-11 could be the same size as well.

HTH

·
Slot Car Racer and Builder
1,832 Posts
NC-8 fit in - I swapped the NC-9 in my Jag for the NC-8 in my Cobra, goes a lot better now

DM

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 22 Jul 2012, 09:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The MSC Thunder motor is the same fitment as the long-can Ninco, and I'm not certain (because I haven't tried it, yet) but I think the TeamSlot TS-11 could be the same size as well.
The TS-11 in my Celica came with a little plastic adaptor on the front. With the adaptor fitted the TS-11 will
replace a long-can Ninco.

QUOTE (stoner @ 22 Jul 2012, 09:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is the NC9 a different fitment to the NC5 ect.
NC2, NC5 and NC9 are all the same length/fitment. There may be others I don't have experience of.

HTH

·
Registered
925 Posts
QUOTE (StuBeeDoo @ 22 Jul 2012, 06:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>NC2, NC5 and NC9 are all the same length/fitment. There may be others I don't have experience of.

HTH

The NC-9 is shorter than the NC-2 and the NC-5. Here is a list of some of the different NINCO motors with the size -

NINCO NC-1 - FC-130
NINCO NC-2 - FK-180
NINCO NC-5 - FK-180
NINCO NC-6 - FK-180
NINCO NC-8 - FK-130
NINCO NC-9 - FK-130
NINCO NC-11 - FK-130
NINCO NC-12 - FK-180
NINCO NC-14 - FK-180

FC-130 is the same size as a Scalextric motor.
FK-130 is the same size as a Fox motor and is shorter in length than the NC-5.
FK-180 is a Boxer or long can motor size.

Best regards,
Brian

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
The cheapest option is the mrrc motors, or if its the same size. the hawk and falcon as mentioned by Big T although you,d have to brace a plastic chassis pretty good, to get the power down, without twisting the chassis in knots. john

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.