SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I don't know if this is the right place for this particular topic. Anyway, just got one of the ninco press and puller but I can't figure out how it works. I don't want to wreck anything neither. Can someone help??
Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Hoorah for a great post, you are not alone...

I am sooo glad it wasn't just me who wondered how this device worked!?

Never did get round to buying one, preferring to resort to the lazy tried and tested method of a pair of pliers mangling the gears in the process.

Thanks for the info!

Jamie

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated!

Yeah, jamie. I used to use a pair of pliers as well but like you said, the pinion does get mangled up easily that way. It's not too bad with plastic ones, although I find it pretty tough to remove/replace brass ones.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
In the intersts of tool longevity apply some oil to the threads
Also, you may want to dremel a small hemispherical hole in the end of the press so that it positively locates on the end of the armature shaft. For those motors with closed endbells - NC2 etc then place a round magnet or some other plate inbetween the press and the motor to help prevent the shaft from punching through the endbell (not from personal experience, I hasten to add)

Hope this helps,

Mark.

·
Matt Tucker
3,561 Posts
The dremelling of a hollow on the end of the threads is very worth while and while you are doing this it is also worth making a small hollow around the hole meant for allowing the pinion to be pushed up the shaft - it significantly helps you line up the shaft with the hole. Lastly on the puller bit you'll find the metal too thick to slide between some pinion / motor combos - file it a bit thinner.

An essential tool.

Matt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts