SlotForum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Hope I am doing this the right way (my first post)
Have just started slotting again after 50 years and have purchased a Ninco Digital Master kit with the pitlane add on.When using the PS option I enter the race time on the console then the number of pit stops and then press start.When the hand control vibrates if you enter the pit lane the car does not stop just goes straight thru.
My question basically is the car supposed to stop with no intervention from the driver any time the pit lane is entered thru the race?
Any advice appreciated
Thanks

·
Registered
236 Posts
Nice to see another returning Pilgrim after so many years. I think that we are a bona fide species.

Yes, the cars should stop automatically after crossing the pit lane dead strip when racing in 'PS' mode. If they do not then check the following:

- Make sure the the Pit Lane signal cable is connected securely to the N-Digital console.

- Clean the Pit Lane dead strip with 90% isopropyl alcohol (fanatical track rail cleanliness is a way of life with digital slot racing).

- Make sure that the cars' pickup braids are clean, fanned out slightly at the ends and angled down slightly from the front of the guide.

- Make sure that all track section connections are solid and secure. Crimping the edges of the female rail connectors inward can help here.

- The Pit Lane is rather short so that sometimes a car's momentum can carry it through. Consider extending the Pit Lane with one or more single lane track sections.

When the car does stop you should see a small graphical representation of refueling progress on the N-Digital console LCD screen.

Do your lane change track sections operate OK?

Post back here on your results.

_michael

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info Michael
Have checked your suggestions but no change
The lane change section work ok
Thsi is a new track. I purchased the digital conversion kit at the same time as this was the cheapest way to get additional controllers and chips so I have changed the console to check it out.
Looks like it might have to go back to the makers to be checked out?
Thanks again for your interest
Regards Greg

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Michael
Problem resolved
In the manufacture they soldered the jumper wire onto the dead strip istead of the other side of the track "ho Hum"
You helped when you mentioned the dead strip I went and put a car on it and it had power.
Thanks again
Greg

·
Registered
236 Posts
Good work. Looks like the rest of us can start asking you for help.

_michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts