SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Recently bought the Ninco World Rally Set on eBay for what seemed like a great price. It was brand new sealed in the box but when I set it up I could get no power to the track. The polarity(?) switches were very loose and did not have the firm click of a switch that I would expect. I know that for the rally set you are meant to switch each lane to opposite polarity but with the switches not engaging properly this couldn't be done. So I opened up the powerbase and basically it looks like the switches were pushed through the microboard and not connecting to it. There is also 2 springs and what looks like 4 metal contacts that have come loose.

Any ideas how this can be repaired? Soldering iron?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hmmmm, not familiar with the 'guts' of that powerbase......but sounds like a solder job to me. I don't know how practical the alternative is but I have the rally loops and the std ninco power base (not the one with seperate polarity switches)....to run the rally loop I simply disconnected the wires to lane 2....job done.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Hi jagman, I just got a similar set and a similar problem. On mine the controller plug is intermittent, you have to put some side force on the plug to get power. Yours could be the same?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts