SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all,

I've been active here a bit before because of some slot.it oxigen questions and wanted to make a proper debut here.
So, hera are some pictures of my own track. Some facts:
Ninco tracks with oXigen digital components. Track is build dual ready. If some relais will be delivered anytime :)
Timekeeping analogue is CockpitXP with fork light curtains under the track.
Digital timekeeping is PcLapCounter. at the moment Had tested RcsO2, but were not happy with the screen layout.
Current comes from two laboratory power supplies with 3A and 10A.
In analogous mode, every lane has it's own supply. Digital will be the 10A for both. If some relais will be delivered, you remember ;)
Analougus mode has 2 chaos foot switches with brake relais for both lanes separate.
Electrics are build with 2,5mm² all over except relais, 2 supply points. Electronics are as well fully modularly pluggable. So if there is a defect component you can run without this temporary without big trouble. Future household moves are also no problem.
Track is build to create storage under surface. This is important for the wife: Basically this track doesn't cost space in the flat. it creates storage flat!

Future plans so far:
1. Some decoration. Mainly because my wife likes that more than further electronic features ;) Progress is slow here.
2. Analogue / Digital switching via relais. Components and plans are ready, but relais delivery is late since months...
3. Any storage for the controllers. At the moment everything is laying on the grass.
4. Some electronic features like yellow LEDs to show "car inside pitstop", blue LED at pit exit when car is moving from behind.

Will provide some pictures of the electronics as well as soon as I work again with them.
Window Building Wood Rectangle Flooring

Building Urban design Asphalt Track Flooring

Rectangle Urban design Composite material Automotive tire Fashion accessory

Flooring Wood Composite material Scaled reptile Rectangle

Rectangle Eyewear Font Slope Pattern

kind regards from southern Germany.

· ParrotGod
12,602 Posts
Nice post! And nice track...pardon, nice flat storage (which incidentally has a track on top of its upper shelf :D)
I like as it is but any specific reasons why the long straight is now the bridge?
Looking at your design layout, the long straight is under the bridge which could have given you a more standard pitlane.

· Registered
3,869 Posts
Great layout, I like the flow it has. Slightly off topic, please let us know what you want to see different in the new RCSO2, as we are at the point to start thinking about that. As it will have to suit 20 cars, we have to make some changes anyway.
Back on topic, do you plan to make the direction switchable for analog, as I think it will work very well too.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice post! And nice track...pardon, nice flat storage (which incidentally has a track on top of its upper shelf :D)
I like as it is but any specific reasons why the long straight is now the bridge?
Looking at your design layout, the long straight is under the bridge which could have given you a more standard pitlane.
Thanks a lot! Honestly, my wife races regularly once a week with me. We equal different skills by fuel consumption, so its fun for All

I used to Plan the straight underside because the other section is bettet visible in planning.
Why is the straight on top? Simply, because the bridge is easier to build. The Digital Upgrade came lauter, so pitlane wasnt a Thing when I planned. Although I'm not 100% happy with the bridge. Maybe there will be a rebuild in far future.

Great layout, I like the flow it has. Slightly off topic, please let us know what you want to see different in the new RCSO2, as we are at the point to start thinking about that. As it will have to suit 20 cars, we have to make some changes anyway.
Back on topic, do you plan to make the direction switchable for analog, as I think it will work very well too.
Thanks a lot, too. I struggled mainly with the race screen Layout. I think the Layout should be somehow responsible. On my screen there was 50% empty. I know I could change, but the editor is very uncomfortable in my opinion. I dont want to spent 20 hours to get a screen that fits my needs.

Analog direction switch is a good point. Honestly, I havent thought about it. Should be no problem to realize. I keep that in mind.

Regards
Tristan

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi there,

some news incoming! Scenery is growing now slowly. A few decoration objects are in the making or at least planned. I think the next bigger thing is painting the track gray and leveling the grass with the tracks.
Maybe the marshalls will get a black vest soon, as this fits the classic theme better, as well as other sponsors for the ad boards.
The new Thunderslot Lola T70 also dropped the track record to 2,990s, from previous 3,1dontRememberTheRest from Revoslot Viper :)
I also received the much missed relais. Analog /Digital switching is finished at last. Pictures will come later at the day.

Tire Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

Shorts Line Wood Grass Flooring

Toy Vehicle Motor vehicle Mode of transport Track

The marshall stand will get a advertise in front

Automotive tire Car Vehicle Asphalt Mode of transport

Automotive tire Asphalt Tire Automotive lighting Font

regards, Tristan

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Veo que tienes o has tenido problemas con la palanca de cambios.
Coloca una tira de plastico como en la foto y se acaban los problemas.
I see that you have or have had problems with the gear lever.
Place a strip of plastic as in the photo and the problems are over.

Eagle Eyes! Yes, you're right. I've had problems here, but resolved it with 2-component glue and some cutting. I've already read your advise anywhere, but too late unfortuinately. At the moment it works fine as it is. But I think in future I will not do it again the way I did ;)

regards

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi to all,

I've worked quite a bit on 2 things in the last few days.

First one didn't go as I wanted:
Planned was to replace the simple plastic sheet, used as pitwall with something more beatiful:
Concrete pitwall. Concrete wall looks basically fine:
Automotive tire Tire Urban design Rolling Bicycle tire

But, on opposite of the pitwall is a lane changer, so cars hit the wall sometimes. That meant, it must be solid, and stay in place. I wanted to pull a brass stick through to make it stable and create some "sticks" to stick it between the track peices.

Tire Automotive tire Bicycle tire Wheel Tread

In my fantasy this resulted in a rigid pitwall. In reality drilling the holes was gambling, as the plastic is soft and there was no flat surface. Furthermore it was impossible to align the walls properly. Last but not least, I haven't found any glue (and I have quite a good collection of glues..) that kept the fixing sticks in place.
Will see what I can do with that now. Pitwall will somehow stay the same old painted plastic sheet.

Second thing is a camera highstand from slot track scenies.
Hope this ends better. Stand is already glued and looks fine. Painting of the stand and figures will come the next days.
Table Computer Input device Peripheral Desk

kind regards, Tristan

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well, I have one of my bigger points in planning: Gray tracks. I've never got it why the ninco tracks are black with white/red borders.
I've done one trackpart with borders for testing. Will drive some laps to see how the color works and how the grip develops.
Color is RAL 7015 slate gray semi-matt. In reality it looks a bit darker then on the first photo. Second covers the color better I think.

Tire Automotive tire Green Plant Tread

Tire Automotive tire Asphalt Plant Grass

I'm a littleunsure about the color itself. Does this match real tarmac? Most slotracks (and my past wooden tracks, too) were in brighter gray.

Some opinions on the color would be very welcome!

kind regards, Tristan

1 - 20 of 58 Posts