SlotForum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 · (Edited)
Hi there,

it's been a bit silent here, have been busy with the job and with sports due to a long and dry summer. But in the past weeks I've had vacation and bad weather. Good requirements to do some modelling at the track. The biggest work's are finished, but I've missed to do properly pictures.
First of all the bigger project in my mind was to level grass and track for a more realistic look. To do that properly there were two things to do first:
1. Rebuilding the bridge. It was sturdy, but not very even. This led to some possible jumping and deslotting cars at the end of the main straight. Not that ideal for racing...
2. Rebuilding the electronic tray. The old tray was way to small to get my hands in beside the electronics. So every time I've done something with the electronics there I really had a hard time not to curse too much :)

So here's the electronic tray. I started with this because it was the easiest part and at the same time the roughest work. And kind of a basis for the later track wiring.
The box is now 85cm deep, 45cm high and 40cm wide. No drawer extension yet, time will tell if it's needed. Construction is very simple with metal fittings. Forgive me that, in real life I'm a software developer, not a carpenter.

Some words to the electronics:
Electronics are all basically complete plugable.This comes from the carpet-track-time, where everything had to be easilly demountable. I've continued with that style.
The two small black boxes are simple track/power-supply/controller connectors.
The big black box is the switcher between digital and analoge.
The light gray box contains the analog track-call relais with transistor switches as well as two connectors for external track-call switches. This is meant to work with the Cockpit-XP USB-Box.
The wiring is copletely done with 2,5mm², except the relais electronic. May not be necessary, but it doesn't hurt much, too ;)
The other black box in the background of the gray one is a simple power supply multiplier that feeds the digital lane changers.
The track PC is located in the back (very back :) ) of the tray.

Circuit component Electrical wiring Electricity Electronic component Electronic engineering

regards, Tristan.

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Thanks a lot. This was the first time I did this in such a large extend. I painted brown (milk chocolate like) und added grass. As result of my poor grassing skills the brown comes through what makes this look dirty. If you have a detailed look you may see some areas where the grass looks different. This is where I experimented with grassing direct into wet color.

kind regards, Tristan

· Registered
336 Posts
the brown comes through what makes this look dirty. If you have a detailed look you may see some areas where the grass looks different.
Yeah, but that's also what makes it look realistic. I think it looks really good. Take a look at real nature. It's mostly different shades of brown dirt, and some grass in different colours. I'm now on my fourth track I've built with scenery and this last time I only used brown colours as a base, and then added the grass. If you use green as a base it becomes too bright and too green, and it doesn't look realistic.

Reactions: Roguejackal

· Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Yeah, but that's also what makes it look realistic. I think it looks really good. Take a look at real nature. It's mostly different shades of brown dirt, and some grass in different colours. I'm now on my fourth track I've built with scenery and this last time I only used brown colours as a base, and then added the grass. If you use green as a base it becomes too bright and too green, and it doesn't look realistic.
Yes, that was also my intention. Have to say, I'm really happy with the result for now. I have thought about adding some gravel or muddy paths as well in some places where spectators walk to.

regards, Tristan

41 - 58 of 58 Posts