SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Your findings seem to reflect how ninco have dropped the ball somehow.

At the club I race at (Nascot Wood) we as yet do not use NSR cars. The clio and the Fiat do not look like touring cars to me. There is just no choice it seems for the touring cars.

We do run the spirit 406's which are very good and fast.

In our Rally class it is mostly Ninco's.

I have a C4 lightning which was around £54. You would expect that the car would be useable out of the box.

We run boxer motors in this class so the motor was changed.
As you have done i stripped it down. I cannot get the crown off the rear axle at all. The rear wheels will not grip an axle no matter what i do. I have had to change the rear end for slot it parts and now it runs well. so ignoring the motor the car has cost around £65.

When you compare the pricea gainst say a 2012 slot it which is around £42 i will avoid buying Ninco now unless we have no choice in any class.

DrH

·
Registered
439 Posts
The Capri will most likely be my next purchase it looks the business.

Hopefully we can get it allowed in the club as we have restrictions on the manufacturers we use.

DrH

·
Registered
439 Posts
QUOTE (brembo @ 11 Mar 2012, 11:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am totally mystified why the majority of you think that a car should run perfectly out of the box this implies that there factories in china full of experienced slot car tuners building car for the likes of Ninco, this scenario may be closely replicated in the case of NSR who hand build their cars in Italy but thats as far as it goes.
When you buy a Lightning Ninco, Slot.It or any other brand what you have to evaluate is "is the box of bits I am getting worth the money?"

cheers
brembo

Fair comment but Ninco advertise their lightning range such that you would not expect them to at least come apart ok.

DrH

1 - 3 of 3 Posts