SlotForum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have recently aquired a NINCO Mitsubishi Lancer WRC and noticed that the two of the wheels have a really bad wobble to them. This appears to be caused by badly out of round rims. As we race this class of car as non-magnet, I fear the wobbly wheels will compromise performance.
Can anyone recommend replacement wheels for this car? Would Slot-it or some other manufacturer have suitable wheels to fit this car?

Cheers,
Henning

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Embs,
Thanks for the information regarding the NINCO axle size. This is my first NINCO car so I do not know that much about them. Anyway, our club will not allow Slot-it axles/wheels/gears on this class so I may have to get some NINCO alloy wheels and fit a set of Super Tires.

Cheers,
Henning

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the information. One last question, are the NINCO alloy wheels the same size (diameter and width) as the plastic wheels so that I could use the existing tires on the car?

Cheers,
Henning

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave,
I have put the wheels on my tire truer machine and took some of the wobble out of them. I was, however, reluctant to take too much off the wheels in case I had problems with the tire not fitting properly afterwards. I also trued the tires fitted on the wheels and that helped a bit as well. They may be alright now but they still have a slight wobble which might be exaggerated by the non-magnet setup. If I can find a set of alloy wheels to fit the axles, that may be my best option.

Cheers,
Henning

1 - 4 of 4 Posts