SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the new ninco subaru rally (number 8 new zealand wrc). Its my first ninco, and first 4wd too, having a belt (rubber band) connecting the front wheels to the rear. I run with magnets, and it has a button in the middle.

So far it runs ok but a little slow; I have trued the tyres, and added 2g of weight just in front of each of the rear wheels, which helped a lot.

Has anyone else got one of these, and if so what did you do to improve performance? Should I disconnect the 4wd system and run it 2wd? Grind down the tyres?

Oh - and one other question: The nc5 motor has a foil wrapper. Is it a good idea to keep this on to keep dust out of the motor, or take it off to improve cooling?

Thanks in advance

dave

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
If you open up the wrapper only do the top, and preferably only the front half. Tyre dust and other carp gets in there and the motor dies. It can be restored with lighter fluid or white spirit or the like, but it's much easier leaving it all wrapped up. Those motor do not run particularly hot anyway.

Back to the scooby. When we ran them (no mags), we disconnected the 4wd, skimmed the back tyres and put skinnies on the front. So you got it just about right. They are quite a high car, so anything to lower the centre of gravity is good.

Hope this helps,

Lotus

1 - 3 of 3 Posts