SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, want to fix track to a board that can be stored in a custom built vertical frame against a wall in a cramped room. Laid out as shown, with an idea of how cars may fling out at the corners as a help for knowing how much space I need for borders. Thinking that railway modellers matting all over would be an idea. People's thoughts on its practicality? I tried to get the best possible mix of enough straights, sweeping corners and tricky hairpins.
New to the forum and hope this link works.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/267/track9b.jpg/

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hope you can make out what's going on in the pic. A few small buildings, incl footbridge I need to make wider. Aim to do a little landscaping, raising a couple of the corners slightly. Can't be anything magnificent as its so cramped. Tightest bit is on the infield where the shallow curve comes close to the short straight, thinking if cars slide out on the curve, keep barrier down the straight only.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi heym

I like your track very much.
I did one a while back with limited space in about a 6x4 foot area.
It worked really well, and the racing was just as good as on previous larger ones.

I like it so much I just pinched your pic for my track gallery...
...hope you don't mind.

Cheers

Si.

P.S. Have you considered a bridge/flyover for your fold up, it would add a few inches of height to the board, but you could twist the track round even more with a raised level.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my mind I have a few favourite bits from real circuits, hairpin at end of main straight as the old Daytona Beach North Turn, hairpin from Targa Florio, some curves echoing bits of Bathurst. Could be a mishmash when I eventually add spectators - mix of Sicilian peasants, beer drinking Aussies at the top of the mountain and Nascar fans. (What's the best paint if I want to paint a sandy effect on that first corner?)
Not keen on a bridge/crossover, I think I'll have enough going on elsewhere. Actually writing about this is of course is forcing me to put it all into action!
Need to sort out the mechanism to swing a board up to the wall and hold it in place.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Heym

Yeah...excuse me, I don't have a bridge at the moment either, I'm just missing the level changes a bit from the previous MRW MKII 6x4 layout.

I think the fans from all around the globe will come to your track for the race action !
The Sicilians, Aussies & NASCAR fans all like fast cars & a beer or two.
They'll get on just fine !

I love the hairpin on the Californian 'Long Beach' track.
That' a hairpin bro, couple of feet of concrete between the two sides, & that's it !

Looks like you gotta lot o' action at Heym Circuit already dude !

Cheers

Si.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Heym

Cool motors dude.
We had some NASCAR's drive into MRW this summer, and are LOVIN' the paint jobs.

Those 'Cartoon Network' paint jobs are just in another dimension though !!!

They're straight in my gallery with your track bro.

The NASCAR schemes we have made me realise you can paint a car ANY WAY YOU WANT...
...a whole couple of frames from a Manga Comic Book painted across the car even.

Our plain white Chevy Impalas will need a coat of paint in due course...
...and I tell yer it aint gonna be 1 colour after seeing how the NASCAR graphics dudes do it !!!

Cheers

Si.

More pics, more pics, close-ups...more...more...more !!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts