SlotForum banner

Ninco - whither to.......?

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Vinno1 
#1 ·
All

may have missed this in another thread - but the discussions/rumours doing the rounds out here in South Africa is that Ninco are discontinuing their DTM Cars, and that the NC1- NC4 inclusive are also being discontinued.......

One of the national classes here is the Touring car class and the Ninco's are clearly the quickest on a wooden track........ and the current national association uses the NC2 in this class - do if true - may be time for a new class....????

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't remember the details, and our Spanish friends will no doubt supply them, but there was recently a big fuss on Slotadictos about this - what I recall is that NC3 and NC5 have been discontinued and replaced by NC6
Ninco very arrogantly put out ads intimating its homologation, which of course is a no-no since it has a big magnetic pull

#3 ·
On our club track anything more than an Nc-2 is usually got too much power so I hope they don't discontinue the other motors. We are running a DTM class next and the motor is specified as NC-2 although we will let in Nc5s as the motor diff is not big.

However if the beloved Nc1 goes then
. Imagine the next range of classics (negating the 934s etc) with a Nc6 beast under them.

I have to say, and it has been said in many other posts that the change of motors is not appreciated and maybe all manafacturers should stick to one motor and then offer the others as upgrade, ie ninco nc2, scx rx41, fly/Scaly mabuchi etc. I hope Scaly stick to their mabuchi and only offer their new motors as upgrades.

Matt

#8 ·
Jon

thanks - that is the confirmation I was looking for.....

Any news on the DTM cars themselves.......???

Pity about the NC4 as well - an absolutely superb motor - 3 of the the 4 finalists in the recent slot week held here in RSA - used these motors......... far more tractable than any of the red scaleauto motors - although I got the Fly replacement motor to work well by using a 8/30 gear ratio.........

#11 ·
You are right, here in Spain the nc1, nc2, nc3 and nc4are not for sale. The nc5 is now the standard ninco motor, and all the new cars came with it. The nc6 is still an upgrade.

About the DTM I don't know nothing, but recently ninco delivered a new version of the TT, so I don´t expect the end of those cars. They've produced DTM since their beginning (Mercedes AMG and Alfa 155), so why should them stop now?

#14 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi all,

Just wanted to express my frustration towards NINCO. Started collecting NINCO few years ago, but then NINCO prices went up due to more complex cars having active suspension and new fancy motors. I'm no collector of NINCO anymore.

I love NC2 and for me anyway it's the best motor at the market. Not too fast, plenty of torque runs very cool even with long lasting races, current consumption moderate. I am very disappointed that it has been discontinued. Recently NINCO collected customer feedback at their website. This must be what people wanted. Faster motors and new more expensive cars. Naturally all the english speaking replies went straight to recycle bin.

Julius

#15 ·
For home tracks the NC2 and NC3 are great. I guess the research was done amoung the guy's racing on the large Ninco tracks in the Spanish endurance races.

I have not used an NC4 as Slotit V12's are comparible in price here but it is a pity to see popular motors discontinued. I have upgraded a lot of my NC2 motored cars to NC3 and NC5 but have found them to not be any faster when racing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.