SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

Registered
Cant see pics, not sure If its my browser in the phone or a glitch in the f贸rum software馃

Registered
The club rules specify either a PCS, RS Slot Racing or Penelope Pitlane chassis, a short can motor up to 25K or the 26K MRRC motor , there are also minimum diameter and maximum width tyre limits and a minimum ground clearance.

I went for a PP chassis and for the motor I had little choice as I don't have any 25k but do have a 26K MRRC. Gears are slot.it 28t crown with 9t pinion. The guide is from the spares box, as are the axles, and braid is slot.it. I had intended to use a pair of Pendle's alloy Scalextric small saloon car replacement wheels at the rear which come with F22 tyres. Although these looked ok they did not give the required 1mm clearance so I had to see what wheels I had. In the end I have used a full set of MRRC alloy wheels taken from a MRRC Clubman Special Ferrari 250 LM/64 kit. Testing with the MRRC tyres showed almost zero grip on the club track so for the moment I've fitted a well used set of F22 tyres. I have found the set of race tyres that came with the MRRC kit and may give them a try at some point.

Not sure how the weight will work, but long to wait till I find out.

I've use my own 3D printed 2 part body post, only used the base part at the rear but both parts at the front so I could adjust the height.

The 2 part post has an interference cap that is pushed over the post, which is cut to be slightly shorter than required, the chassis is then screwed in place and as the screw bites in to the post the cap is pulled down until you have the height required then just add some super glue.

With the slightly wider rear tyres I have had to cut away part of the interior at the rear.

The headlight cover decals have also now been added.

I may at some point paint the rear light surround and the badges on the body. As I said in part one I still need to sort the rear spoiler and I haven't added the wing mirrors but as these stick out past the body I don't think I will bother as I can't see them surviving long.

PS, I've added the photos in this post via the sites gallery, just in case, but I can see all photos added in this and other threads, they were added by cut and paste.
Nice work you did there, would be nice a pic with its modern brothers from Slot it, the R32 and the R34馃榾

Cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts