SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I was a great fan of the nissan pulsar GTi-R, and eventually used to own a black one, was great to drive, handled like a dream, 4wd with a 2litre turbo and the dump valve....maybe get another one some day!

just wondered if there was ever a slot car version and if anyone knows where to get one, or has pics of one. thanks

Darren

·
Registered
489 Posts
I'm pretty sure nobody makes one. The gti-r was never realeased down under so i had to settle with a n/a n15ii sss, still shocked a whole lot of yob's with v8's! There may be an obscure resin manufacturer out there that can help you out, but nothing mainstream, and I doubt you'll see one until cars of this vintage return to vogue.

·
Robb
581 Posts
I don't think anyone has produced one.
Quite a rare car these day, I guess most of them have been crashed!
Didn't they have a reputation for eating clutches / gearboxes?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahh, might tryn give a few companies/ppl emails n see if i can get one made.

with the gearboxes, yeah, they put out 240bhp, usually once u got it to 300bhp, the gearbox would start to give.
could gt a gearbox fitted for bout £600 which would ee you upto 450bhp(ish, i think)

just got rid of mine as theyre not really practical as a primary car. wouldnt mind gettin one, but about to start a modern apprenticeship in plumbing so hopefully be able to get a garage queen one.

think theyre still possible to get imported (to the UK) fairly easily, just trying to find a good condition one

knew a guy that managed to get a white one, and under the arches where still white, was mint, but he got a g/f and she told him to get rid

know another guy that started a project "R-700", was tryin to get 700bhp out of one, will need to go on the owners club n find out if he done it

anyways...will email about n see if i can get anyone to make the pulsar n will post back

Darren

·
Registered
239 Posts
shame my friend just sold his, was running just under 500bhp. very reliable used it for work every day. he over enginered every thing and it went like stink. if you was on the owners club you might know him he was a moderator, his name is stuart ellis (dooie pop pop)

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah the name rings a bell, that Rishi-GTiR was the guy, that last i heard, was doin the 700bhp one.
yeah there's a few cracking vids of them, 5k revs and launch, was unbelieveable, n used to get older people at traffic lights reving and laughin, then when lights went green, theyd tryn cut in....the looks i got as suddenly, the "ned car" was shifting and dumping like no ones business! just hated ppl tryn to cut in

awesome cars tho, i DID NOT manage to get 155mph out of mine....honestly...i didnt

1 - 7 of 7 Posts