SlotForum banner

NLSME Pictures

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  lowrider 
#1 ·
Hi all
Doing interminable house-move type tidying up and came across a few pictures:

Firstly a view of the first Summer's Lane track from the early eighties, complete with the infamous half-completed Ligier mural. I took this at a retro meeting on black and white film, ithe pic probably dates from 1990 or so?

Next the team photo of the Church Farm team which came third in the National Team Race in the Isle of Man - was this Paul Harwood's first national podium position? I think both cars were wrecked, I certainly remember the one in John's hand had the crossbar come unsoldered.

Finally one of John's photos of the old 1-0-1 track in use at the Model Engineer Exhibition at Wembley - the same track has just been refurbished and is near me in Pewsey.

Happy days!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi rob
yes happy days ,when john and paul still talked to each other ,and what a lot of hair ,i still think that in those days john was clay regazzonis half brother .wonder what ever happened to steve wiles?

cheers tony

#3 ·
Rob
The backup chassis we used in the 89 Team Race was found floating in Baker's Fluid in the bottom of Steve Wildes car box!
I spent most of the day before trying to free up the pans and getting it up and running to use as a spare car, as it happens we did use it and still managed a decent result.
Also remember it being a killer track that year with plenty carnage in the underpass!
[oneofwos]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.