SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Not being involved with this years new classes and not having any experience with the SlotIt rules apart from a couple of meetings in the Italian championship, what are the rules we will be running to?
I understand we are allowing foam tyres and lead balast which might or might not be an advantage, the NLondon track will most of the time be contaminated with fish rubber residue so grip should come easy with most rubber tyres.
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Steve
Will give it a go, have some old fish rubber on rims that can be narrowed and should fit but not sure they will be needed.
Think the SlotIt rules require a fixed gear ratio, 9x26 or 28 [cant remember!], is this still the case?
Happy new year to you and all!
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Hi All and a happy new year.
Thanks for everybodies input, with the unpredictable condition of our track from week to week its a case of trying it and see!
Not having any experience of the SlotIt class [or any other form of slot racing], what can and cant you do to the cars? e.g can you glue the axle bearings in? can you glue the motor in? do you only use SlotIt components? Etc Etc. Just a general question regards the SlotIt class, not anything specific to our racing.
Bill
Still out of the country, will be back soon [mice please take note!] so a clashing date will be decided and posted soon.
Ciao
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Thanks for all the info.
We have never run to the absolute letter and dont think this class will be any different.
Will try my best not to clash dates but its not always down to me, see last year!
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Mick
Have several of the 21K orange endbell SlotIt motors and the very last one I got my hands on had a long shaft at either end, not sure if its for a special application but this should fit Steves pod ok.
Then of coarse you can always push the shaft through, so I have been told!
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Mick
Given my limited knowledge regarding such matters the only thing I can think of is that there might be a slight weight shift to the center of the chassis with the EBD in inline, down side are the extra side loads on the endbell bearing.
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Steve
Must be luck of the draw with these motors! all the ones I have had have been quite decent, only problems being the brush deposits in the com segment undercuts clogging and causing shorts.
You might get some interest from Woodgreen members apart from Steve Carter who already is a sort of regular, the sponge tyre thing might put them off though.
Ciao
[oneofwos]............... "Area Zero, Klingon ruler of NLSME for all retro section Co-ordinator and grand master solderer general"... if I must have a title!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.