SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Thanks for your inputs, Mick, Bill and John. Nice to have interest in a new (for us) venture.
Here's the car I used as a test vehicle at the last meeting of 2012. I had to assemble the car from available parts but I hope it's close enough to the approved spec to give an idea of the feasibility of the class.

The rear tyres here are JK nylon hub Retro Can-Am wheels narrowed and turned down a bit to .770". I'm working on having half a dozen spare sets of tyres ready for the first run of these cars, both natural and treated rubber. I'm happy to make sets up for other people if required.

From an aesthetic point of view I would prefer everyone to run the Group C cars but Allan is free to test the waters with his Chaparral of course. eBay has dozens of Group C cars in the £30-40 range and I'm visiting Nic at Slot32 tomorrow to pick up a second car for myself. If he agrees I might borrow a few more of his cars for a month or two to sell at cost at the club.

Looking forward to further running,
L.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
The motor in the Porsche above has the double ended shaft. I'll pick up a replacement pod and turn it around. Thanks for the heads up, Mick

I now have four new, sealed in the box cars on loan from Slot32 which are on sale at the club for £45 each. Gulf blue and orange Porsche 956KH, white and green 'Elfini' Mazda, red and white 'West' Lancia LC2 and a yellow and black 'taka-Q' Toyota. I quite like the last one so I might end up with it unless anyone else buys it first.
Nic should be joining us for Can-Am later this month so other cars will be available then too.

Phil - sounds great but I don't think I'll be getting out to Swindon. Good luck there.

L.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Rapid is not quite the first word that came to mind when I ran the 956 test cat with the spec gearing - but that can be looked at if the class becomes popular. The most important thing is that the cars are more or less equal, whatever their lap times. Messrs Musto and Dilworth have expressed enthusiasm for the Slot.it cars so we'll see.

Thanks for your further input, Bill. See you soon, John.
L.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Sponge isn't mandatory and spare sets will be available. Changing rear wheels only takes seconds and I have seven sets already prepared.
I'm braced for another Secchi Rocket car but if you get up to Retro Can-Am lap numbers I might have to get out the magnifying glass and stroke my chin a bit ...

Can we just refer to you as Grand Master? That other stuff could make marshaling your car longer than it already takes.

L.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Had to revise my previously stated opinion of the orange endbell Slot.it motors last Wednesday.
Putting a fresh out of the box car on the track showed that the motor in my Canon Porsche is cream-crackered and definitely needs replacing. Working properly, the cars are a lot of fun and I am optimistic for the success of the new class.

L.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.