SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
Been a while since we had a true retro meet at NLondon so decided to organise a "Run what you brung" on the 30 September 2012 for 1/32 open and closed bodied cars using ONLY open frame motors as used in the 60's.
The idea is to let people run some of there original cars they raced or collected which don't make the vintage meets due to all the various rules imposed, replica's made from period parts are also welcome.
The car modelled will have a cut off date of [and to include] 1967, this is more or less the point canned motors took over.
Rule's, not many! the cars should not pose hazard to other cars or to the track, if they do the owner will be asked to do something about it, also No silicon or sponge tyres, mix and match of motor parts acceptable, also rewinds!
We will run separate heats and finals for open and closed cars, we will do our best to group together cars of similar types.
Trophies for 1,2 and 3rd place for each class and for concourse for each class.
Doors will open at 8am with practice for visitors only till 10am and hope to get going by 10.30am. We do have the facility to make tea/coffee and depending on attendance and if we get an early start we might break for lunch, good innit!
Entry fee is £8 per class or £12 if you enter both, my world famous Zapper will be available on the day to all for a small fee.
Any problems please contact myself or Steve Francis, club address and contact numbers can be found in the NLSME club section on this forum.
[oneofwos]

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi John.
Good stuff!
Please put me down for an entry for the Open wheel class, Mercedes W154 with steering and original 3 pole motor.
I will be more than happy to take a closed wheel entry as well...but don't have a suitable model! If any of the guys there have a spare and are willing to loan me one, I would do both classes.
Now, I better see if the thing runs and get some Ortmanns for the rear!
cheers Bill.

·
John Roche
4,158 Posts
Hi Bill,

I've got an MRRC Porsche 906 you could borrow. I think it has the 5 pole motor in. It's packed away under my track but I could dig it out and you could collect it at the Rockingham Classic meeting if you're coming. It has had nothing done by way of race preparation although I might have some Ortmanns for it.

Let me know if you can't find anything else.

Cheers

John

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad you can make it Bill.
Bring what you have or take John up on his offer, with a zap and a little oil it should work fine.
[oneofwos]

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Hi John (VFR)
Yes please, that's kind of you, please dig the old girl out and I will pick it up at Rockingham.
cheers and thanks,
Bill.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you can make it Joel.
You must have loads of cars that would cover this period, have another thread going in the "vintage" section so how about posting some pictures of what you might be bringing?
[oneofwos]

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi John
I've got 2 of my Bordeaux cars ready to go, PIttman 196B's, Taylor gears, Ortmann Monogram F1 tyres, Monogram wheels, jet flag, One is an AutoHobbies Cobra Daytona coupe body, the other is Monogram Ferrari 275P It sounds to me like they're ok aren't they? I could put a single seater body on one of them.

Cheers, Derek

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sound like that sort of car might have run at the time, all period bits so it's ok with me.
If you can stretch a open wheel body over the thing without showing the chassis then good luck!
You might earn more concourse points if you turn up in your traditional 60's/70's outfits and violin case!
[oneofwos]

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi John
Is that right then ,you are holding a concours d elaegance for drivers as well as cars ?

Cheers tony

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Would be a nice twist for the concourse jockey's, 50% of your final score depends on how period original your outfit is and that includes smell!

[oneofwos]

·
Tony Condon
3,044 Posts
Hi John
I,ll have to get out me tie dyed T shirt and me BRUT 33

Cheers tony

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mr Cooper will be with us and might have some bits, not sure if Mr Smith is coming to play with us this time though!
[oneofwos]

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tony
Them "camp Freddie" looking things that were worn round the neck that were so popular when you were a lad might earn you the extra bonus points!

[oneofwos]

1 - 20 of 60 Posts