SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 1487 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The NNRC inaugural championship is drawing to a close with just two meetings left this year.

Dates are 9th & 23rd December (Thursdays). Visitors/potential new members are welcome.

Classes for these next two meetings are ;

SCX Sprung guide F1
Subaru Imprezas-Any manufacturer, but no Prorace.
Ninco McLaren- Any standard motor configuration i.e. NC1/2/5
Cars from the Movies- Any car that features in a Movie- Not livery specific, so a Mini (Italian Job) Beetle (Love Bug) Aston DB5 (James Bond) etc.

Forum members PM for more details.

Lurkers contact via methods in the header( or join the forum - we're not that bad)

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
First annual NNRC championship now finished. Well done to Mark!

First meeting of the 2005 championship is on Thursday 6th. Classes have been picked as follows;

1. GTS- Any GTS car from any manufacturer i.e. Corvette, Saleen, Viper etc.
2. BMW 3-Series- Any slot manufacturers version of the Beemer 3-Series from SCX's original through Hornby's disaster to Fly & Ninco's latest version.
3. Hornby DTM- Opel and Merc DTM cars.
4. Gumball Rally 2004- Any of the wide variety of vehicles entered in last years event from a Fly MAN truck or Pink Kar 2CV to Ferrari F40 or Lamborghini Murcielargo.

These will be run for the next four meetings.

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
The classes for the second group of 4 meetings - 3rd, 17th & 31st March + 14th April- were picked last night.

1. Post 1990 rally (no ProRace Ninco)
2. Trucks
3. Pre 1990 Rally
4. Indy/Champ Cars

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not at the moment, but the track is capable of holding 1/24 races.

Cheers

Mr.M

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
New classes picked last night for meetings;

April 28th, May 12th & 26th and 9th June.

1. Classic Small Saloons - Reprotec and SCX Abarths, Revell NSUs, Pink Kar Beetle and 2CV, SCX Fiesta and R5 and all the old Scalextric small wheelers - Minis, Mexicos, Metros, Maestros, Capris, XR3is and 260Zs.
2. Spanish GT - Eligible cars TBC
3. Vanquish MG CanAm/LeMans - No racer lightweights
4. Cobras - Any standard RTR Cobra from any manufacturer including Daytonas.

Mr.M

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
hi
Cars eligable for the spanish gt class are as follows:
. Porsche GT3 RS (scalextric, ninco, etc)
. Marcos LM 600 (fly)
. Mosler MT900R -
. Porsche 911 GT2 (proslot)
. Ferrari 360 Modena Challenge (proslot)
. Porsche 996 GT3 Cup (scalextric, ninco, proslot)
. Seat Toledo GT (teamslot)
. Audi TT (scx, scalextric, ninco, etc)
. Venturi 400 Trophy (fly)
. Ferrari 355 Challenge (proslot)
.Chevrolet Corvette C5 (fly)
.Seat cupra gt (scalextric/scx)
.Lister storm (fly)
.Dodge viper gts/r (fly, carrera, scalextric)
.Saleen s7r (fly, teamslot)
.Opel astra coupe (scalextric, scx, etc)
.Peugeout 406 coupe -
.Maserati trofeo (scalextric)
Cheers
Reuben

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The next set of four classes for the next four meetings have been picked as follows;

1. American Muscle - Any all American pre 75 car (i.e. no Cobras or GT40s) from any manufacturer in standard form. So anything from an original 60's Revell 'Vette to their recent Mustang and including Scaley and Carrera Transams and stockers. Even the SCX "dragsters" if you feel like it!

2. GT3 - eligible cars to be confirmed

3. Group C/Imsa GTP - Slot-it 956/962, SCX Jag/Mazda SRS2, Revell March & Scaley Jag/962/Sauber.

4. Trucks (Again!) - Standard SCX or Fly trucks.

Meetings will be held on 23rd June, 7th + 21st July & 4th August.

Visitors welcome!

Mr.M

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mr M
I tried a fast reply but as I'm new to this game it doesn't seem to have worked!

Any chance of me running my Revell Corvette "Spirit of Le Mans 76" in the American Muscle class as I bought thinking it would be eligible. I wasn't listerning properly when it was being discussed (dreaming of Group C) and I seem to be a year the wrong side of eligibilty at least. It would be nice to run my own cars rather than borrow Tony's.

Cheers

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, if everybody is OK with it we'll let it in on a probationary arrangement. But if you start running rings round us with it...............

Mr.M

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mr M

Thanks for that. I dream of running rings around the opposition but the reality is trying to run with the front pack.

Cheers

·
Registered
904 Posts
Mr M

Just want to say that I think the Group C class in the latest championships is going really well with a goodvariety of chassis showing up and some really excellent racing as well. If only I could get nearer the front.

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wouldn't have anything to do with the fact that it was your best class last night, would it?

And the fact that you picked it in the first place!

Just entered the scores into the spreadsheet and, of the 9 heats run in the class, 7 went to SCX Jags & 2 to Slot-it 956. Some of the races were very close for the whole distance which is always great fun.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Yep, I have to agree it was my best class on the night and therefore the most enjoable. The real Group C cars were always great to watch as well. Like I've said before it was the internet images of the Slot.It Porsche 956's that finally got me back into slot car racing. Interesting to see as always that you may have supposedly the better equipment but its down to driver ability. My problem is geting the circuit track time with any of my cars. I have a very small test oval using my old Airfix track at home but its not the same as running at Bolwextric. I could really do with a test time during the week which I was hoping to do with the Tuesday arrive and drive until I found out that was a winter thing. Only recently have I cottoned on to being allowed to use weight and last thursday was the first time I ran with any. I'm still learning and experimenting and thats half the fun.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hi
What a great night last. My first race win
with the Newman Porsche 956 albeit after the quick guys had crashed out. Still, you've got be there at the end to win it. What was also good was my second place battle with Robin in the GT3 class. Rather amusingly, it was a tussle between the two slowest on the track but I think it provided good entertainment. I don't think the Scalextric TVR is the easiest car to drive and I bought it for its looks really. It was rather over loaded it with weight so was also rather slow to say the least. I will have to change that for the last round.

With a bit of luck I may get some testing in now the school holidays are here.

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes, congrats on reaching the milestone of your first heat win

Now you can start to look forward to the next ones - first class win, first 36, first evening win and first yearly championship!

It was a good night (Enjoy your Ante-Natal classes, Jexy?), the racing was close in the GroupC class, several 3 car side by side 10 lap battles and the Slot-its showing more promise, narrowly losing out to the SRS2s 5-4 on heat wins this time!

It was also picking night for the next set of classes for the meetings on 18th August & 1st, 15th & 29th September. The draw ended up as follows;

1. JGTC - Porsche 911GT2/3, BMW M3, Honda NSX, Toyota Supra, McLaren GTR -any others Minimental? Just remembered Nissan 350Z!
2. LMP1 - I'm not much of a prototype follower, but basically I think this is any open cockpit LeMans car from the last 10? years. But no racer variants. Might need some help with this one, Nick, as I'd like to put up a list on the noticeboard of eligible cars. Perhaps we can draw one up via PM!
3. Easy one this - Porsches - Any slot car Porsche except Fly Racer 911 GT1 98.
4. Another easy one - LeMans - Any car that ever raced there, again with the exception of racer variants.

Should be interesting as with quite a bit of "crossover" between classes and the house "car can only compete in one class per night" rule, people may well get to run second and even third string cars.

It also goes to show that open wheelers don't have many fans down our way, though, in truth, two of the unsuccessful nominations were for them.

Cheers,

Mr.M

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hi Mr M

I've trawled around various slot car sites to find what is available for the LMP1 class and so far this is it:

SCX - Dome Judd LMP1 (in its various guises)
Audi R8 (in its various guises)
Cadillac Northstar

Scalextric - Lister Storm LMP1 (Black or Red/White)
MG Lola LMP1 (in its various guises)
Cadillac Northstar

Ninco - BMW V12 LMR

Spirit - Lola B2K/10 (in its various guises) OR ARE THESE RACERS?

Fly - ?

I hope this list is of some help. I'll be running my Scalextric Lister Storm LMP1. Do most of the JGTC class come from the new range from Ninco? Finally, I take it I can run my Slot.It Newman Porsche 956 in the Le Mans class and the Slot.It Canon Porsche 956 in the Porsche class.

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Nick49 @ 24 Jul 2005, 17:30)Spirit - Lola B2K/10 (in its various guises) OR ARE THESE RACERS?

Fly - ?

Do most of the JGTC class come from the new range from Ninco? Finally, I take it I can run my Slot.It Newman Porsche 956 in the Le Mans class and the Slot.It Canon Porsche 956 in the Porsche class.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think I've sorted the LMP list. The Spirit is available as a Racer, but we will only allow the standard ones. They also do the Dallara and Reynard. Fly also do the Lola B2K (as do Team Slot), Panoz LMP and Joest Porsche. SCX did a Ferrari 333SP and for the masochists, Carrera did Audi R8, Panoz LMP & BMW V12!

The JGTC was a class in the last set of Monday nights and was mainly Ninco Hondas & Proslot Porsches. We need Minimental to help out here.

It'll be fine to run two different Slot-its on the same night. I'm considering running a different Proslot Porsche in everything but LMP!

·
Registered
904 Posts
Hi

I've just gone through the GetSlotted sports car list for for JGTC cars and Cartrix do a range of Honda NSX's. What is the Cartrix range like, any good? I ask this because I bought a Carrera Ferrari 575 because I like the FIA Championship and the Ferrari 575. Tony then told me that the Carrera range wasn't that good because they were too heavy to be race winners. Hardly likely to trouble me but I would rather start with a potential winner in the right hands if you get my meaning. I don't want to buy another heavy car as I can load it up alright myself!

I'd forgotten about the Ferrari 333SP which is a superb looking car. It would be good to see one of those racing.

·
Jim Moyes
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't have a Cartrix Honda myself. The only car of theirs that I have any real experience of is the Merc historic Gp car. That was overpowered, which I have a feeling is a common trait with Cartrix. I fitted my Merc with an NC1 for my own preference, but then I wasn't running it in a class for standard cars.

Your probably better off getting along to our local supplier and buying the Ninco version and making use of the club discount available to members.

1 - 20 of 1487 Posts