New classes picked as follows.

1. Trucks
  2. Open Saloon
  3. Ninco (NC) One GT
  4. Hornby GT

Dates are;

2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th April

7th May

Trucks is for standard truck models from Fly or Hornby. Club has Fly Trucks available.

Open Saloon is for any saloon car with free reign on modifications.

Ninco (NC) One GT is for any GT car from Ninco either with an NC1 motor fitted (original or by using brackets to replace another type of Ninco motor) or from the Ninco One range (blacked out window cars). Club has Ninco One Corvettes available. There is currently an NC1 Celica on eBay in Waterlooville.

Hornby GT is for any standard post 1990 GT car from Hornby. Monday night tyre rule applies - basically tyres can be changed to some from any other standard slot car. But no aftermarket Ortmann etc. Early Ninco and SCX are particularly good round our track.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,462 ·
I heard from Tim today.

He is still in New Zealand, but the authorities must have realised, and are putting him on a plane on August 6th.
biggrin.png

·
Honda Fan
72 Posts
I heard from Tim today.

He is still in New Zealand, but the authorities must have realised, and are putting him on a plane on August 6th.
biggrin.png
Trust Timmy to still be out there, did they find him salivating over a weather girl again? 😂

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,464 ·
I spoke to Tony yesterday and we discussed the possibility of a limited re-opening of the club next month.

Input from members would be good, but no one should feel obliged to attend. We don't want anyone doing anything they are not comfortable with.

Tony suggested he would source a laser style thermometer, and we would probably have to insist on masks and gloves being worn and hand sanitiser will be provided.

It will probably be best to just run one of the nights to start with, so would be good to know which people prefer. I think we should cancel all championships this year and start afresh next year, (like they should have done with the Premier League, rather than allow that hollow victory
tongue.png
) and we can just have single race nights. If there are only a few people prepared to attend then we can run just 4 lanes and perhaps more classes, but at least we can be putting some money in to the club as Tony is still paying the rent.

So let us know what your thoughts are.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It's not for me Jim, but good luck to the rest of you.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,467 ·
Ok, next Thursday, the 3rd September we will have some sort of race meeting.

Bring the cars we picked as the new classes just before lockdown, and if we haven't got enough people to run all lanes then we can add a couple of club classes and run four lanes. Also bring a mask and some gloves if you can. I can bring a box of latex gloves with me. Dave is medically excused masks because of his condition.

Lets go racing!

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,469 ·
Just spoke to Tony - the unit isn't in any fit state to hold any racing at the moment, so we won't be returning this week after all. Possibly the 17th may be doable, but I will confirm.

As you were.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,470 ·
Thursday 17th is still subject to confirmation but Tony is hopeful to have it ready.

The new rule of 6 obviously has an effect on what we do, but it just means we will probably have to return to two nights a week a bit sooner than expected to cater for everyone.

As I see it we have three loose groups - the Monday nighters, the Thursday nighters and the greedy gits.
biggrin.png

Monday nighters;

Tony

Geoff

Paul

Luke

Jack

Thursday nighters

Trigger

Dave

Reuben

PJ

Tim

Greedy Gits

Me

Wes

Will

Keith

Hope I haven't missed anyone out! I know there are some flaws in this - Peter is a Thursday nighter but has said he is not interested in racing in the current situation, Tim does Mondays as well when it's own cars and Luke is still in Oz but will be back some time ( I think).

I have most people's mobile numbers, so I think it will be a good idea to set up a Whatsapp group and have a booking in system in place. So people who can guarantee they can attend on a night can make that commitment. So look out for an invitation to join a group called "racing again" or similar.

With 6 people racing it will be sensible to use 4 lanes and run 6 classes. That way, even using the central 4 lanes, people will be able to stand apart enough and we will have two marshalls.

Now watch the government fall into line with Miss Turgid's advice and limit it to six from two households only!
mad.gif

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
It's been almost three months since anything was posted here so I thought I'd say hello. Is everyone still OK? Does Manor Farm Raceway still exist?

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,472 ·
Good to hear from you Pete.

Everything OK your end?

Track is still there I think. We managed to get 3 or 4 meetings in under the rule of six before the lockdown. Tony's repairs/upgrades to the track all seemed to work well. Although we were running four lane / six class format, so the black and white lanes didn't get used.

Last I heard Tim was in hospital (non Covid) and despite messaging him, I haven't heard any updates on his condition. This was a couple of days after I assisted him in rescuing the track from Daves.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I'm fine, as is my family. I'm just waiting for the vaccine now as I should be fairly early on the list, being over 70. Glad to hear from you, and that the track still probably exists.

Looking forward to better times.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Stay safe and healthy good people. I hope to see you all again before the end of 2021 with a bit of luck.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,475 ·
Good to hear from you PJ! We did manage a couple of meets during the "rule of six" time last year.

Has the lockdown stopped you taking to the skies? Social distancing rules must be easy to adhere to if you are.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,476 ·
Happy birthday, Will
thumbsup.gif

cheers.gif

Been jabbed yet?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Only eight weeks to go before covid restrictions end. The thing is, does the track still exist?

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,478 ·
Still there last time I spoke to Tony a couple of weeks ago. He was even planning to exhume it from all the clutter he has stacked on it, for the May restriction lifting if it can be seen as OK to meet again.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Good to hear from you PJ! We did manage a couple of meets during the "rule of six" time last year.

Has the lockdown stopped you taking to the skies? Social distancing rules must be easy to adhere to if you are.
Once allowed to travel, flying solo was not a problem. 2000ft trumps 2 metres! However, when it come to licence revalidation and permit to fly renewals flying two up, I was buggered. I couldn't fly for six months!

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi All, just coming out of my Covid slumber, not because I ever got it, or at least I don't think I have - yet.

Yes I'm fine, double jabbed like the rest of my family.

Looking forward to racing again soon. - If I can remember where my Scalextric box is.

1461 - 1480 of 1487 Posts