SlotForum banner
1501 - 1520 of 1524 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,501 ·
That's three questions ;)

No, yes & yes are the answers. I am expecting DTM to be between Slot-it and later Ninco cars.

Forgot to put earlier, that club cars are available for all the chosen classes. There is only one Sierra though.

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,502 ·
Video uploaded to YouTube

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hi All, great to see action at MFR venue is progressing, I keep hoping for a time when I can re-join you. Maybe soon after Christmas.

Meanwhile - I will wish you all - seasons greetings.

On another matter, going by the last conversation I had with Tony, he is minded to take down the Bolwextric Web site, any Bolwextric on line stuff will appear on the Clanfield RC web pages from hereon.

As the existing site has info, reports, pictures, videos and club results going back many years, you may like to take this final chance to peruse that content, which may soon disappear.
Those Bolwextric Club pages start from > http://www.bolwextric.co.uk/club/

Cheers Will.

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,505 ·
First picking night of the year happened this week.

On the;

17th & 24th February
3rd, 10th, 17th & 24th March

We will be racing;

1. Hornby Indycars
  2. Group C (Open)
  3. Group 5
  4. GT3
Apart from the Indycars which are Hornby only, all classes are for cars from any manufacturer. Also Group C is an open class, so free reign is given on modifications. All other classes are standard. Group 5 is specifically the wide bodied era between 76-82 and GT3 is any car from 2000 on.

Guess what, Rod! DTM was a point light when I entered the scores onto the spreadsheet! My old brain must be deteriorating as Hornby Muscle had a point too many. So Trigger loses a point and you go up one getting your PB!

Well done! And if you keep scoring like you did after tea break, then that PB will soon be getting higher and higher. Only you and one other person managed to go through the second half without scoring a 1, and the other person is known for bending the rules (extreme car lightening):cool: :LOL:

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,507 ·
Yes, I heard this today. Good news!

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,510 ·
Nice work Peter!

Just in case I happen across any Revival tickets.

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,511 ·
No racing this week gents.

Tony has heaters going 24/7 trying to dry the track out to be able to make a decision about the best course of action.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Morning Mr M

I am assuming the position relating to the track is the same, as I have not seen any positive news!! 🙁

On a slightly different matter, have you heard of Inox MX5? I have been reading about it on this forum and it appears to be good for rail cleaning/maintenance? Do you know anything about this ? I've looked to purchase some but only appears to be available from US or Australia. Do you know any one/where I could get some? Is there an UK equivalent?

Anyway , looking forward to when we can get back on the tack!! 😁

See you soon

R

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,513 ·
Hi Rod,

I've heard of it but never had anything to do with it. Unlike an Inop MX5, which I have had to deal with before:)

Have you been keeping up with the updates on the other thread?

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,516 ·
Tony is taping the track this morning, and if anyone is available this afternoon he could do with a hand painting it and checking that cars are running OK on it.

Hoping to give a definite answer on whether we can run tonight by 4pm.

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,517 ·
Track is taped, some of us are going early to try and get it ready for racing.

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,518 ·
Numbers are likely to be low tomorrow, due to Covid and other matters, so it may be worth taking some extra cars in case it needs to be a 4-lane meeting. The two classes that would have been picked if needed were Hornby 80s Touring (exactly the same as the previous set) and Hornby 60s/70s F1.

Tim has volunteered to do the scoring😱 and Tony managed to sort the problem with blue lane so reverse direction will be ok.

Have a good one!

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
This business of needing two extra classes for four lane running had us puzzled, possibly a covid-induced error on your part Jim?
We did race on four lanes, going through the four classes twice followed by a bonus class (picked by the tail-end Charlie) to make the maximum score correct (9x16=144).

Is it picking night this coming Thursday?

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,520 ·
That was the best course of action to keep the scores nearer to what we need for the championship.

I was really hoping that we wouldn't have to use it again, but last year we were coming from a "rule of six" perspective, so we often ran 4-lanes/6-classes and everyone had a pick. Then when things started to open up we would suddenly find that we had a night or two where we weren't going to have enough racers for 6 lanes, so the two next, unsuccessful, picks were brought in when needed. It didn't matter in the grand scheme of things, because there wasn't a championship to race for, just people having fun trying to keep the club alive.

Picking night is next week, so thinking caps need retrieving from the cupboard. But I expect it will be the usual case of blankly looking at the ceiling - "Oh! I can't think what to have" or " I thought of a really good one last week"

1501 - 1520 of 1524 Posts