SlotForum banner
1521 - 1524 of 1524 Posts

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,521 ·
Picking night is next week, so thinking caps need retrieving from the cupboard. But I expect it will be the usual case of blankly looking at the ceiling - "Oh! I can't think what to have" or " I thought of a really good one last week"
Many a true word spoken in jest! :rolleyes::)

Well, after the ceiling had been subjected to some scrutiny, we managed to get 4 classes sorted!

On 21st & 28th April +
5th, 12th, 19th & 26th May

We will be running ;

1. Hornby 60s F1
  2. LMP Post 2000
  3. Hornby Indy
  4. Hornby GT
All classes are for standard cars with the exception of Hornby GT where the "Monday night" tyre rule applies. Tyres can be changed for any others from any standard slot car, but not aftermarket ones such as Ortmanns and the like. LMP cars can be from any slot manufacturer.

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,522 ·
Well I suppose it was bound to happen really! After a set of classes consisting of 2 for open wheelers, 1 GT and 1 Prototype, there was going to be some hankering for some saloon action on picking night.

But all four!!

Dates to be confirmed as we still haven't decided on whether to run on Bank Holiday Thursday which would normally be the first night for these classes.

Which are;

1. Scalextric & SCX NASCAR
  2. Hornby NGTC
  3. Hornby 80s Touring cars
  4. Open Saloons
Hopefully these are self-evident - the first three are regularly chosen standard classes. For the 80s Touring class I am prepared to let the original Scaley cars (Metro, Maestro, SD1, XR3, 1275GT, Sierra) have the front axle stiffened up to give them half a chance against the new cars. The fourth is for modified saloons and the debate is already raging on the whatsapp group about what constitutes a saloon.

·
Jim Moyes
5,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,524 ·
Bank holiday running is on, so the dates for these new classes are;

2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd & 30th June
7th July

Clarification on the "open saloon" class also happened. Four door / three box cars with a bootlid only. No coupes or hatchbacks. This is good as it removes Group 5 entirely as well as NASCAR which we have anyway.

1521 - 1524 of 1524 Posts